LCR or somthing else?

FASTER

Feb 18, 2005
Nottingham
Ive got my mind set on a LCR at the moment but was just wondering what else people would consider before getting one?

What else would be like the LCR interms of size performance 4 door etc.. would touch the LCR for upto £7000 used? of simular size to pack my drum kit in!;)

I know a little random:blink: but looked at the audi range they are all 2 door sports slines etc..

brad1

I've just bought myself a cupra R, well had it for two months now and I must say I haven't looked back. You won't regret buying one ;) and once mapped/modded, these hatchbacks do shift :)

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
they are pretty practical so a drum kit shouldn't be a problem, performance wise they are quite rapid as standard but if slightly modded then they are probably quicker than most other hot hatches out on the road

FASTER

Feb 18, 2005
Nottingham
Ive got a Leon at the moment (1.6) looking to get the LCR now space the seem great for my drums they pull like a horse as well (the ones ive tried anyway!) it was more to see its oposition!

Looking at other VAG stuff like the golf etc... mk4-5 any good? focus RS etc... its the 4 door practicality i want but the toy of 225bhp too!:D

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
LCR all the way :D

I considered getting a Civic Type R when i bought mine which would be similar but wouldnt have the 5 doors!

billyhas

May 22, 2003
kidderminster
Visit site
Ive got my mind set on a LCR at the moment but was just wondering what else people would consider before getting one?

What else would be like the LCR interms of size performance 4 door etc.. would touch the LCR for upto £7000 used? of simular size to pack my drum kit in!;)

I know a little random:blink: but looked at the audi range they are all 2 door sports slines etc..

Simple answer really. Nothing:)

Tonybeau

I was originally looking for a Civic Type R and looked at a heap of them but all the good ones the same age were around 9-10k. You also had to have them at the redline to get the best out of them. Test drove a couple of LCR and bought the second one I found. Cheaper, better looking, more driveable as the useable power comes in at the right time.

Also looked at a Focus RS (03 plate). It was pretty nice but still a ford and had rust bubbles starting at the rear arch.

If your specifically looking for a hatchback then I couldn't really think of much else for the same money that will be as good - give it a stage 1 map and you'd be hard pushed to find any hatch that would be as much fun to drive.

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
I got a lovely red 225 LCR remapped, totall love it! Gona lower it... will only change it after years for a white 5 foor Golf GTi edition 30 but that is mega bucks!

zzapp

a have a LCR 04 with miltek exhaust. and a scooby -99 standard.
i think that the handling is mutch better in the scooby but a little slower from 80mph+ than LCR.

if u want a lot of space maby a audi s4 -99 avant or sedan but.. but the LCR is a good allrounder.. IMO

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
When I was looking to replace my Cupra TDI I looked at everything in that price range, wasn't bothered if it was a VW Van or a 2 door sports car like a Z4. Nothing for the price with the space was this quick really.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise