lcr/scooby sti

deano w

deanow
Feb 18, 2004
burton on trent
Visit site
hi, was just wondering if it was me or not, i drove my bro's sti ppp yesterday and went to overtake a car at about 50 in 4th but when it went it didn't seem to pull as well as my LCR (revo'd). Was a little bit dissapointed but glad in a way to say the least.:p Don't know what the torque differences are but can't be that much in it. opinions please:confused:

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
An STi has very similar power and weight to a revo'd LCR plus it will have higher transmission loses due to 4x4. Just make sure you dont try and keep up throught the twisties ;) There was nothing in it when I used to go up against one in my revo'd LCR in a straight line of course.

Darren

Nov 20, 2001
Leigh on Sea
Visit site
Not masses in it deano!!

The LCR Chipped did seem to pull better than the STI when in the wrong gear... small turbo with quick spool up helps I suppose...

Did you try dropping it into 3rd at 50mph??

I still believe the LCR has been my best all round car I have owned. But they are no match for the EVO's and prodive STI's when pushing on... If you spend time on the motorway don't bother with them though the LCR is a much nicer place to be:D

Fishy

May 16, 2005
All comes down to the power band. A revo'd leon will be in the power band, a scoob in 4th at 50mph wont be.

Fish

keithrann

Uber
Oct 5, 2005
Roughly between 4 - 7k rpm!
Got my LCR remapped today at Awesome Gti and i was well impressed. Pulls like hell now. Had a blast with a slightly tuned Evo 4 and exactly the same acceleration whilst on the move so can't see there being any difference in a blast with an Sti.

Last edited:
i had an Impreza wrx STI v-limited (slightly modified - 360bhp at the flywheel)

unofficially timed at 4.2s 0-60, and 9.1s 0-100.

having driven a tuned LC (222bhp) i would say there's not a lot between the Leon, and a standard Impreza.

but, to compare a tuned Leon VS. a standard Impreza is like putting Man utd VS. Brazil.

How about flipping the coin the other way, put a standard leon VS. a phase 4 STI (running about 450bhp) the Impreza would waste just about anything, but the turbo lag is like waiting for british rail when there's the wrong kind of leaves on the track :lol:

Leon = fwd
Scoob = 4wd

try putting the LCR against an equal compaison, like the CTR. Then put a big smile on your face!!!!![B)]

Last edited:

LCR mat

LCR Eater
Apr 4, 2004
merthyr Tydfil
Vicky M said:
i had an Impreza wrx STI v-limited (slightly modified - 360bhp at the flywheel)

unofficially timed at 4.2s 0-60, and 9.1s 0-100.

having driven a tuned LC (222bhp) i would say there's not a lot between the Leon, and a standard Impreza.

but, to compare a tuned Leon VS. a standard Impreza is like putting Man utd VS. Brazil.

How about flipping the coin the other way, put a standard leon VS. a phase 4 STI (running about 450bhp) the Impreza would waste just about anything, but the turbo lag is like waiting for british rail when there's the wrong kind of leaves on the track :lol:

Leon = fwd
Scoob = 4wd

try putting the LCR against an equal compaison, like the CTR. Then put a big smile on your face!!!!![B)]

would be fairer really to say chipped vs chipped- think the scooby wouold have the edge there
or
stage 4 scooby vs similar tune leon