LCR- strong jolt when using the accelerator

Ovni_cupraR

Yellow Peril
Oct 25, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
Hi, just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what the cause of this problem is before i go and get it looked at. When I put my foot on the accelerator especially after just changing up a gear, there is quite a strong jolt. This usually lasts a few minutes then it will be fine again and using the accelerator is smooth. At first I thought it may be the MAF, so I disconnected it and went for a drive but still found that it jolted everytime I put my foot on the accelerator, again this went away after a few minutes and I could drive normally. Also the Engine management light is on but I don't have Vagcom to diagnose it.

Any ideas? thanks

Ovni_cupraR

Yellow Peril
Oct 25, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
I'm not sure, Yeah I suppose it does feel as if an engine mount has broke causing it to jolt, but then that doesn't explain why it feels normal again after a few minutes.

Ovni_cupraR

Yellow Peril
Oct 25, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
Oh I forgot to mention in my first post that my temperature gauge has been playing up for the past month, like dropping to zero then back up to the middle again. Does anyone know if a dodgy temp sensor would cause the above symptoms?

thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.