LCR wishbone rebushing guide

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
Nice guide Ronin i was waiting for this :D thank you

Couple of questions you know the bottom ball joint is this worth replacing and if so what with oem??

And last question are the polys to hard or should we put the tt bush in the rear :confused:

Deleted member 43482

I found the rear bushes the easiest to remove, i just stuck a suitably sized lever bar through the hole and levered them out, took abit of brute force but it pulled the rubber clean out and left the casing in there, which was easy to remove :)

When fitting the new rear bush just stick it in a vice with a peice of plate behind the bush to spread the load and wind the vice in, a small amount of jiggling is needed to get the lip over. This is with the Polybushes btw.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Balljoints were in quite good condition so didnt change them
Did enquire about the price though and its about 40 quid each!!

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Only asked for OE but after getting price i didnt bother
Price was from sere motors who are normally cheaper than most dealers

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
I have had one little problem with poly bushes and it was because some of them don't flex as much as oem and in the bush that surrounds the vertical bolt it may cause some stress in the metal, so maybe keep an eye on the components?

IBD

Here Again!
Jan 16, 2006
North West
Do you know if you can fit LCR / A3 / TT front wishbones onto a lesser LC?!? Might have some wishbones available, and like the idea of the cast ones

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
If poly they are in 2 pieces, if OE bushes they push in along the wishbone
If you look through the pics you can see which side the lip is on

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise