Leak into footwell!

mr_cool

Oct 5, 2008
Scotland
I have the common problem of water leaking into the passenger footwell! I read all the info on here and following the guide re-siliconed up the ancillaries carrier panel (someone had a go before by the looks of it). I am still getting damp in the passenger footwell and when I open the door the sill is soaking wet. I can't see what the probelm is. I check the pollen filter. :confused:

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Make sure the holes in the bottom of the doors are clear and take the seals off the bottom of the doors and clean them. Will make the water drain away off your sills. Check that the pollen filter seal is round the outside of the housing and not touching the filter. This is all it could be if you have already sealed the door carriers. The only advice for that is make sure that you get the sealant under the seal by undoing the bolts around the bottom of the carrier:p

mr_cool

Oct 5, 2008
Scotland
Make sure the holes in the bottom of the doors are clear and take the seals off the bottom of the doors and clean them. Will make the water drain away off your sills. Check that the pollen filter seal is round the outside of the housing and not touching the filter. This is all it could be if you have already sealed the door carriers. The only advice for that is make sure that you get the sealant under the seal by undoing the bolts around the bottom of the carrier:p

I will clean the seals. I have checked the drian holes and they are clear. When applying the sealent I already undid the bolts. Really annoying.

Cheers

EDIT: Seal now cleaned and re-fitted.

Last edited:

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
That's strange.
I sealed mine and so far i havent had any recurring problems.
I dont know what to suggest really.

There is the costly trip to your local Seat dealer which would solve the problem.
Try ringing them and see what they suggest, my local one is always more than helpfull.

andycupra

status subject to change
have you sat in the car when its raining to identify where the leak is entering the car?

when you 'resealed the door' what did you use? did you clean the surfaces? did you seal along the vertical sides also?

Also i assume the footwell is getting wetter and is not simply wet from before as its takes time to dry out.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.