leak oil

uli

i park my car in the garage..when i leave i saw black spot....it has been leakin oil...what can i do to stop....or where can i look for the leak

uli

i park my car in the garage..when i leave i saw black spot....it has been leakin oil...what can i do to stop....or where can i look for the leak....
thanks for the help

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
have you got under the car with a torch?
maybe look directly above where the oil spots are if it is accessible.......

how big is the patch? granted it shouldnt really be leaking at all, but if you have an oil lake on the floor or you are noticing a lackage of oil when you dip it, then you will probably be able to guage how serious an issue it is........

uli

the spot r not that big ...size of a rain drop...i put my hand under n.. i can feel the oil...is rite under the big black thin under the motor.....i

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
If it behind the black undertray sounds like it may be from the back of the engine. If that's the case it could mean the gearbox has to come out to find the leak which means lots of money I'm afraid. If it's only a small leak you may be best to monitor it and check your oil level regularly. If it gets worse then you will have to get it looked at by a garage i suspect.

uli

it leak once in the while....n i check the oil n it remain the same
but above the black thing under the car..when i go under i can c is all dirty w oil(inside)

by the way can u tell me what u did w u car...kit,rims,low etc...( i like it )

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
I would just keep an eye on your oil level then as it doesn't seem a major leak.

Not sure if you're referring to the mods to my car or Sam's but i didn't do my own, they were already done when I bought the car.

uli

ok thx

the msg was for u kewe...u got an e mail adress?
i want my car to look the same as urs kewe...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise