Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
tinted windows thats balls! The water doesnt come in the windows does it ?

When you tint windows you do not have to remove the door seals, there just trying to take you from behind !

Daibill

Valley Boy
Mar 6, 2004
S Wales
Visit site
My new R is having the odd drip in from the top of the doors. From the rubber on the inside of the glass. Noticed some water marks on rear passenger side glass also.

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
They blaim those who tinted the window because they didn't replace the sealing (or used silicone) as they removed/mounted the doors.
Also the speaker is broke, and misses sealing and screws...!?!?
I'm in a dialog to try to get the dealer to pay for the front doors and the tinting guys to pay for the back doors. I will probably have to pay for new speakers myself (and ordered the best option, both to front and back). I also have to demount the carpet on the floor (a lot of job!) and dry out the car, as they did not accept to do it on warranty....
:(

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Still dont see it being the tinters fault - can you take it to another dealer.

When tinting the windows they remove the door cards but shouldnt have to touch the door sealing strip. If you remove the door card the doors should not leak as they dont seal anything from the outside world...

The only thing that seals the door (from rain) is the rubber strip that goes around the whole door.

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
neg said:
Still dont see it being the tinters fault - can you take it to another dealer.

When tinting the windows they remove the door cards but shouldnt have to touch the door sealing strip. If you remove the door card the doors should not leak as they dont seal anything from the outside world...

The only thing that seals the door (from rain) is the rubber strip that goes around the whole door.

I cannot take it to another dealer. They don't get any money from Seat because the car is older than 3 years. So the dealer who sold the car is the right place to complain (by Norwegian law).

When the door cards are removed, the dealer told that the sealing should be replaced and/or used silicone. If not there would be a leak.

In addition, the door cards where a bit bent and didn't touch the sealing, so the water came thru there.. Also the ring where the speaker is attached was a bit bent and bumpy and missed screws (pops?)..

It is importat that the sealing around the doorcard and speaker is 100%.

DELBOYJOE

damm it, wish i had have known this before i bought the car!!

I have water apperaing on the door sills. Does anyone know roughly how much it costs to fix this problem and if once fixed, is there any guarantee it wont happen again???

DELBOYJOE

wow, very detailed, im impressed, thanks very much, ill post back with how i get on thanks!!!

DELBOYJOE

Got stuck into it last nite and got all 4 doors done. Car now smells of silicone sealant, which is better than damp i suppose and will fade away soon enough. Still need to dry out that carpet, but that should be no problem. Thanks again for the info,

Joe

DELBOYJOE

The soundproofing will be sodden the carpets really need to come out and get that soundproofing dried/replaced.

That shouldnt be a big job?

How would i know if the soundproofing is ok to dry out or if it actually needs replaced?

I suppose taking the carpets out would be better than just soaking up the water anyway.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise