Leaking Injectors

gregorcupra

Nov 8, 2007
Paisley
All four of my cupra's injectors are leaking. You can tell this by the fact petrol is all over the surrounding areas on my inlet.

I have bought new o-rings for the injectors and also new seals. After searching the forum I also found that it would be best to remove the inlet to carry out this job as any of the shite that comes away with the old injector seals could block the inlet , so I also bought a new inlet gasket and bolts.

I'm just wondering how straightforward this job is , as I dont want to be fannying around with fuel lines etc ?

Cheers
Gregor

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Hi mate.

I had my inlet off the other day and its a piece of cake.

There is about 8 screws holding the pipes of the inlet onto the block, then there is 1 bolt holding your fuel line close to your n249 (or where it used to be) and another 2 up front on top of the inlet. There is another 2 screw up front but forgot where exactly.
But you will only be taking the fuel rail off the inlet manni and not disconnecting the pipes so there will be no fuel spill anywhere.
Also remove both plugs from inlet (up front and on the bottom)
Then the 2 vac lines on left under inlet and one large one (oil something)

None of these will spill fluids so you;re fine

remember though, you'll have to realine your throttle body with vagcom

that should be all

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
pressure wash off that area before working, you dont have to remove the manifold then and possibly introduce other issues

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yep, jizer it first, then blast it over there. gets all the crap out of the way which would otherwise land inside your cylinders.

Mat

and remember to cover any nearby electrical parts in cling film ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.