Leaking Pump?

Scottl

I'm after a bit of advice please...

I have recently got a 2004 Leon tdi 150 and have noticed that the pump on the right hand side of the engine is a bit moist on the lower half of the top plate and the pipe underneath with the nylon sleeve is looking like it has soaked up a bit of diesel ( or maybe thats where it is leaving from?). It doesn't seem to be dripping though, just seeping at the moment.

Do I need to really worry about this?

I'm not sure if there was a recall/replacement of this pump but i'm pretty sure if there was, the last owner would have had it done, he was very particular and meticulous.

I also read about another guy on here tightening the star screws on the top plate but i can't really get to the bottom ones and they all seem pretty tight anyway.

Thanks for any help

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
there was a recall for the TANDEM pump on some of these engines (not just SEAT)but not sure which, SEAT should know and also if it has been done once already. I'd ring 'em up and check --:) don't leave it to get worse

paultdi

my pump leaking 2 150 tdi leon im trying to source gasket now vag do not stock them ony replacement pumps at £350 shocking

Scottl

Mine was leaking from top gasket which there are no replacements for apparently (only bottom).

Just had whole pump replaced at local independant (very good, IGS Eastleigh) for just short of £370 all in.

Must have had air leaking in where the diesel was seeping out as car feels better already.

Didn't want to spend that much but i'd rather have peace of mind and a reliable car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.