Leasing Order Issue - Advice

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Evening everyone,

I am just after some advice really....

I ordered a standard Leon Cupra 290 on the 11th July through Leasing Options. I received finance acceptance and paid the processing fee on the 12th July.

I was then sent through finance documents on the 2nd August. They stated the incorrect rental amount on but this was corrected and the documents were re-issued to me on the 12th August which I signed.

When I first requested the SLI number from Leasing Options after I placed the order I was told it wasn't issued until the factory had given a build date.

Earlier this week I contacted SEAT CS just a but concerned that I hadn't yet received a build date. As I didn't have my SLI number they contacted the dealership who gave me it within the hour. SEAT CS then informed me that no build date was available and my order wasn't even accepted by the factory. When I queried this they told me that the order for my car wasn't placed until the 2nd August, over 3 weeks after I placed the order with Leasing Options.

I was fuming, surely this isn't normal? SEAT CS agreed and said I should contact the dealership. I contacted my account manager at Leasing Options who is basically just fobbing me off..... Just saying he needs to look into it, etc.

I know it's only a further 3 week delay but I informed Leasing Options at the time of ordering that I needed the car ASAP as I was in the process of selling my current car. I also emailed them on the 22nd July just to confirm that my car had been ordered with SEAT and they informed me that it had.

Also as the factory is on shutdown for August I won't receive a build date until September.

Any suggestions?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Other than cancelling, probably incurring a fee, then trying to source an in stock car elsewhere you've not got a lot of choice.

If you escalate the complaint with your broker you might get a good will gesture, but you won't get the car any quicker.

Going through a broker is often cheaper, but you are then reliant on their abilities and some are sadly lacking so I'd never rely on them to achieve a date.

If you're stuck then find a cheap rental until your new one arrives, monthly there can be some good deals.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Cheers. If he doesn't respond by Tuesday I will escalate the complaint. I just don't want my account manager to become an ar$e with my order.

This is my first time leasing but so far it's been a pretty poor experience!

A SEAT dealership I initially contacted direct was only out by about £350 on the lease deal quote, kinda wish I had just stuck with them! :banghead2

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
When I ordered back in January, it took maybe 2/3 weeks to order acceptance. I would hazard a guess that because of shutdown etc this is totally normal. From end of Jan to delivery, took till half way through May for delivery. Which I thought was long until recently reading through the ‘Ordered’ thread!

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Going through a dealership is no guarantee of success, I once waited 15 weeks for a factory order only for it to arrive with the wrong engine...

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Jeez, what happened with that? :blink:

It was rejected and I had to wait another 15 weeks for the right car to arrive. Luckily I hadn't already cancelled my existing lease, so could keep running that beyond it's minimum term.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
The joys of going through a third party leasing company. You got a better deal (possibly) but it means your further down the chain of getting info and things can take longer with messages etc being passed.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members