LED Headlight Kit

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Recently I got my first part time job which meant that I tend to leave when it's dark, so I decided to invest in some LED H7 headlights for the dipped beam as I find that even though I upgraded them with Bosch 90 Plus bulbs about a year and half ago, I wanted something brighter still.

My sisters' fiancee is a taxi driver and drives a mk3 Octavia, he took the plunge first as I was a bit skeptical with regards to glare to oncoming traffic with LED kits so I waited until he got some first before I ordered the same ones he did. For him, they turned out great with a similar cut off point to the stock halogen bulbs when up against a wall, so I was sold.

Now when it came to fitting them on the Ibiza there was an issue. For the dipped beam there's a metal clip that holds in the bulb, unfortunately the LED bulb is much bigger so it couldn't be secured into place.:cry:

Plan B: the high beam on the other hand doesn't have a metal retaining clip and it simply slots in and locks so I thought might as well leave them there.

Questions: has anyone else took the plunge and put an LED kit into their Ibiza and successfully put them into the dipped beams? In putting them into the high beam, this meant that the plastic black cover couldn't be put back into place, would covering the connector which has a tiny bit of metal with electrical tape be adequate to prevent any problems such as rust or corrosion?

Sorry I haven't got many pictures I'll take more when I can and for those interested here's the link to the bulbs I bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252545320658?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Only way I have managed to put some pictures in: https://www.flickr.com/photos/carsontsenorthernireland/albums/72157673606425493

*by the way how do I insert pictures onto here directly?*

Update: I've ordered an LED headlight adapter so I'll see how it goes and if it's ok to put them onto the dipped beams.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members