Leon 1.4 TSI Reference Sport

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Does anyone know if the spec of this car is the same as the 2.0 TDI reference sport listed on the Seat website?

For some reason the 1.4 TSI reference sport is not shown on the Seat.co.uk website.

Also is it possible to get the 1.4 TSI 125 remapped?

Jack Jumpin

Jul 19, 2007
Anyone know if it is possible to remap the 1.4 TSI engine yet ??

Also, how does the car compare to a 1.9 PD FR ibiza ?

Cheers
JJ

EenyMac

Feb 4, 2003
Hemel Hempstead
Visit site
Saw a rather nice Reference Sport 1,4TSi in the local dealers this morning. Candy White with the 18" black alloys and it looked gorgeous - they also had an FR TDi550 in the showroom in Candy White as well (dream on).

Anyhoos, I'll have had my faithful MK1 TDi PD130 5 years in October so seriously thinking about changing it now. The 1.4 TSi on paper looks a good bet with good performance and economy.
Does anyone know what the service interval is on the new 1.4TSi units as I cannot find it mentioned anywhere?

Another diesel would be nice but the silly price of diesel now and a 10K service interval on my current car is starting to bug me, especially given the higher mpg figure for the new TSi looking so inviting.

Any viewpoints on the TSi or advice would be welcome.

Jack Jumpin

Jul 19, 2007
I have a Ibiza FR TDi just now and am stuck between an Luna 07 FR TDI Leon 170 with 9k on and a new 08 Candy White Ref Sport with full BTCC kit in candy white and it also has cupra 18's on. Both are around about the same price and the MPG combined figure is only 2 worse for the petrol.

Not to sure what to do, so I have booked a test drive on a 1.4 TSI Leon tomorrow morning so will decide once the test drive is over which one to go for.

Cheers
Andy

ravenit

Just got a 1.4 TSI and the service intervals are still 10,000 miles, it seems to be the standard for SEAT

EenyMac

Feb 4, 2003
Hemel Hempstead
Visit site
Just got a 1.4 TSI and the service intervals are still 10,000 miles, it seems to be the standard for SEAT

Thanks for the info. Can be a bit expensive as I do a 100 mile round trip to the office every day so 2 services a year. I'll have to research other comparable makes / models....or move closer to the office :D

ravenit

I think I had better give the Dealer a call and see what he says. When I bought the car I asked about servicing and he definately said 10,000 with no mention of 20,000 with super duper oil.... but there again they wouldnt would they. :shrug:

GhostMjr

Dec 27, 2007
i know its a old thread but wanted to bump will be interested to see how much a remap can gain? I will be going to westec and ask for a price and check..

Nice choice Dave same as mine :D. Not sure on a remap :)

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Yea i got a massive list to do on it, from HIDs to inside armrest to performance well after the warranty expires. But err yea i wanted to know how much i can get out of this car if i can hit 200bph or from 125 - > 150 i still be happy :)

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I thought Westec was long gone...?? :shrug:

Yea they are...only manage to find that out recently its not a small forum to read quite massive lol, I found another place tho thats near for me in south wales ecu-evolutions.....for the ecu remap it is something i like to do but then again i want to see how much performance my 1.4 tsi can get. still got to look for filters and miltek systems etc hard to find information on brand new cars...what a pain.

woody07

ello
i am thinkin about gettin a seat leon 1.4 and i was wondering could some one tell me wot they think of them is the top speed and accelertion is gd and wot it the top speed

cheers

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
ello
i am thinkin about gettin a seat leon 1.4 and i was wondering could some one tell me wot they think of them is the top speed and accelertion is gd and wot it the top speed

cheers

they should tell you the spec in the handbook or the seat site but its...125bhp / 9.8 0-60 / 120 mph - best to go test drive it. hope this helps.

iendicott

Jul 24, 2004
Peterborough
Yea i got a massive list to do on it, from HIDs to inside armrest to performance well after the warranty expires. But err yea i wanted to know how much i can get out of this car if i can hit 200bph or from 125 - > 150 i still be happy :)

I know 160bhp is attainable but as it's a small turbo I would think the first thing you need to do to get 200bhp is a bigger turbo \ injectors \ remap \ exhaust etc etc

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I know 160bhp is attainable but as it's a small turbo I would think the first thing you need to do to get 200bhp is a bigger turbo \ injectors \ remap \ exhaust etc etc

I thought about it maturely...and I think I will stick with it and later on I will swap for an FR instead its the better choice and less hassle heh. Although There is little bits i will do tho, (bov/alloys maybe) hehe but not much for performance - Its like what everyone says about the car its a nice drive

(thanks for the advices cheers!)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members