leon 150 DSG First Edition Mk4

Mal Hobbs

Sep 17, 2021
Hi everyone, I bought my First Edition Leon FR in 2020 its the 150 bhp dsg. Anyway i have been plauged with tech problems on the car to the extent that its spent more time at my local dealer than on my drive. The latest issue was rear view camera not working. Whilst they've replaced camera, they can't calibrate it until April as they dont have the necessary tool to do the job. Made a complaint as the service from the workshop was dire. Anyway dealing with the After sales manager after I complained to the owner of the franchise. They've offered me £21300 cash or a new unregistered Leon FR sport 150 dsg in black (mine is desire red) for just £6k plus my car. They basically negate any profit margin on the new car. I've seen the car and its still in its wrapping etc. My only worry is whether i may have the same tech issues on this new car. Any views would be helpful.Mal

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Have you tried WBAC or Motorway to see what your car is worth. Can they guarantee the new one will be ok (they cant guarantee that or they will be lying).
Desire Red is premium paint and IMO much nicer, not sure what the differences will be between FE and a new standard one but I would assume the FE will be better spec. I suppose it's personal preference Mal, I would want a better deal TBF.

Mal Hobbs

Sep 17, 2021
Hi thanks for that, they can't guarantee that ther won't be any tech issues. The only difference I can see is that there is no rear view camera but it does hae heated seats and steering wheel. As regards colour yes Desire red is a premium paint and tbh my fav colour, not overally keen on metallic black. My other option is to take the cash and go for a different make, which is a shame because my mk3 leon was great.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I like desire red and the reliability issue is my worry to change currently as the mark 3 has been trouble free. My wife drives a Kia and I was looking at the 2022 Ceed GT Line - which comes with Kia Connect...FREE for 7 years.