Leon 2.0 190 estate DSG vs Megane 1.6 GT NAV TCE estate

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Hi
As the title states
I am looking to buy a Leon 2.0 190 estate with DSG but on my search this popped up

A while back we looked at the clio rs (similar engine etc) and I am quite taken with the megane.
my fear is that its rare and that means so are parts etc.
Heart and immaturity says Renault
Head says seat.

anyone any experience of the Renault.

Thanks in advance

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Personally i have never seen one of those Meganes before but I like the look of that.

Looks nicer inside and out than a mk3 leon. Thats my opinion.

I have recently purchased a Mercedes CLA shooting brake.

Nice looking car maybe add that to your list

This is my family whip

06.jpg

08.jpg

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
Is the Renault's auto a torque converter or a double clutch? Either way, I'd be surprised if it was as good as the DQ381 in the Seat.
The Renault has a little more power but less torque, and more weight.
Definitely drive both, I think it will come down to how they feel. Compare servicing costs too.
The Renault does look good though.

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Thanks for the replies, the renault is a dct. It probably isnt the most sensible of cars but it looks more sporty than the Leon.
Its difficult as funds are tight. The leon fits the budget has the power but it looks a bit bland ( thats not a bad thing though) and the engine will be much more tried and tested. I am moving from a mondeo estate because its too big but the estate bit on the leon looks tiny ( for the dog). I do like the octavia but for the same price they are 2 or more years older.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
The Megan is 150+kg heavier and 77mm (3") longer than the 1.8 ST with a fractionally smaller boot. According to Autotrader.

I do like the Megan rear lights. I would drive both and then decide.

1654683896063.png

Reactions: Peller

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Thanks for all the replies, I think the meganes have now gone so its back to the leon.
Though I am tempted by the cla shooting brake

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Personally i have never seen one of those Meganes before but I like the look of that.

Looks nicer inside and out than a mk3 leon. Thats my opinion.

I have recently purchased a Mercedes CLA shooting brake.

Nice looking car maybe add that to your list

This is my family whip

View attachment 32117

View attachment 32118
Now that is a good looking car.
It also appeals to my want for a premium car! ( feeling sadly left out as my brother has just bought himself a Jaguar XKR)
Only problem is that to get the performance I want it means dropping to a 16 reg with higher mileage.

Reactions: BigJase88

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
The Megan is 150+kg heavier and 77mm (3") longer than the 1.8 ST with a fractionally smaller boot. According to Autotrader.

I do like the Megan rear lights. I would drive both and then decide.

View attachment 32234
The Kia Cee'd sportback is another option. The 1.6 engine is a little lacking but as an all rounder it's a good car. 7 year warranty etc

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Now that is a good looking car.
It also appeals to my want for a premium car! ( feeling sadly left out as my brother has just bought himself a Jaguar XKR)
Only problem is that to get the performance I want it means dropping to a 16 reg with higher mileage.
What sort of perfromance are you looking at a 220d? Or faster?

There is the 250 AMG [2.0l petrol turbo] which are nice. Wouldn't mind one of them

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Good choice they are a nice looking car not that i am biased in any way

View attachment 32758
@BigJase88 - You’ve got rid of the diamond cut alloys - or had them refurbished in gloss black. Smart move IMHO 👍; no issues with poor durability of the lacquered finish and / or white worm corrosion that you get with diamond cut alloys. New centre caps too.

I‘m not the biggest fan of gloss black alloys. However, I’d consider them on a red car as the red / gloss black combination works really well IMHO 😎.

Reactions: BigJase88

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
@BigJase88 - You’ve got rid of the diamond cut alloys - or had them refurbished in gloss black. Smart move IMHO 👍; no issues with poor durability of the lacquered finish and / or white worm corrosion that you get with diamond cut alloys. New centre caps too.

I‘m not the biggest fan of gloss black alloys. However, I’d consider them on a red car as the red / gloss black combination works really well IMHO 😎.

I actually had a right mare with the wheels.

I buckled one of them really bad a couple of weeks after getting the car so got it straightened and as it had been cut before there wasn't enough meat left on it to cut it again so I got it re-done in gloss black.

I then purchased a refurbed diamond cut one that must have been welded before [sneaky buggers] this then subsequently re-cracked on the weld. So i re-instated the gloss black previously buckled one as i thought a buckled straightened one would be a better choice than a 2x welded one.

So after i re-instated the black one i had to get the other 3 black to match.

It has been a bit of a journey. I have also re-instated the black caps as i prefer them to the red. Red was a bit out there

Last edited:

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Megane mk4 are well put together. I had, until written off, a mk4 RS. It suprised me alot and I am certainly no Reno Fanboy. It's my first and I'm now struggling to decide what to get now that my insurance payout has hit my bank account.
Swinging to a Cupra R ST because I nearly bought one new before the Megane RS

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Thanks for all the replies
We have decided to go for the Seat, I would love a cupra but for the amount we will use it I cant really justify the price. And I like my licence!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.