Leon B and C Pillars

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
I have seen a few pictures on here where people have got gloss black B and C pillars, How is this done and is it easy as it seems to make a huge difference?
Also how much is it?

Jamie

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
HUGEEEEE difference, a must have mod for any FR owner...

Fairly easy once you have an idea what you are at and where to locate all the bolts holding the rear ones on, in particular (the front ones are a 2 min job)

the rear requires doorcard removal and you have to fiddle with internals and move window brackets up/down etc

there should be a how to guide about somewhere on here if you do a wee search

For prices contact David at SERE motors, he is on here as well

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
ok thanks for that i will do, so i take it that there is a kit to do this not just vinyl roll?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
no, not vinyl, doubt that would even work since the FR pillars arent a smooth surface.

the B pillars are just similar to mirror covers, then just bolt off and the new Cupra ones bolt on, simplez.

The C pillars on the other hand are actually the whole rear door handle unit, hence the extra work involved.

r3dg3cko rob

has anyone got any pictures of the B and C pillars after this has been done?

r3dg3cko rob

scrap that last question, just found White Lady's thread including pics :) That rear insert would look awesome gloss black or carbon...

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
scrap that last question, just found White Lady's thread including pics :) That rear insert would look awesome gloss black or carbon...

Good man! I should probably link my sig to that thread... :think: Would be a lot handier.

My comment about it being hard to vinyl the pillars was based on gloss black vinyl and not the 3M carbon vinyl which is definately a very high quality product as i received a free sample last week. I am currently waiting for an opportunity to get a few measurements of farious parts of the car, including the rear diffuser, to wrap in this latest vinyl material to hit the forum. It looks awesome! :funk:

I just measured up the pillars along with some other parts today. You can either remove the pillars and wrap in their entirity or just do the bits that are on display when the doors are closed. Even in the 3M carbon I imagine it's a lot cheaper than primer and paint.

I'll let you know how I get on and post some pics.

Deleted member 128267

Hi guys im 10 years late but any idea where i can get these B and C trims from now for my mk2?

ive tried andrew over at listers seat but he has said he can only get 3 of the 4 with the right C pillar being discontinued!gutted!

any ideas ?

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Hi guys im 10 years late but any idea where i can get these B and C trims from now for my mk2?

ive tried andrew over at listers seat but he has said he can only get 3 of the 4 with the right C pillar being discontinued!gutted!

any ideas ?
Cupras come with gloss black

Look for someone breaking one on ebay

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.