Leon Cupra 2019 - how to dim virtual cockpit at night

Oct 22, 2022
Bought a 2019 Leon Cupra this afternoon. Driving it this evening I was surprised at how bright the virtual cockpit is at night. Is there any way to dim it while the lights are on?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Bought a 2019 Leon Cupra this afternoon. Driving it this evening I was surprised at how bright the virtual cockpit is at night. Is there any way to dim it while the lights are on?
Yeah it can be done in the Vehicle settings on the main screen.

Had to look it up as don't have the car anymore:

So press the menu button on the left.

Then select Vehicle.

And then bottom middle tap settings.

You want "lights" and "Vehicle interior lights".

That's from Page 35-36 of the 2018 manual (Page 37-38 if your using the PDF version, although the numbers on the pages are still 35-36).

Oct 22, 2022
Thanks! Found that, and reduced the brightness to 80 percent. It’s a pity you can’t have separate brightness settings for night and day.

Having said that, what a car! Goes like stink!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks! Found that, and reduced the brightness to 80 percent. It’s a pity you can’t have separate brightness settings for night and day.

Having said that, what a car! Goes like stink!

I'm sure mine did. If the lights were off it would be full brightness, when lights came on it dimmed. If lights were completely off (ie not on auto), you'd get a warning if it was getting to dark to put your lights on too. Not that happened very often, usually after it had been in for a service/valet.

Last edited:

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
Oddly i vaguely reme
I'm sure mine did. If the lights were off it would be full brightness, when lights came on it dimmed. If lights were off (ie not on auto), you'd get a warning if it was getting to dark to put your lights on too. Not that happened very often, usually after it had been in for a service/valet.
I oddly think that might be a setting in the sat nav page. I am sure in the navigation setting somewhere there is one about night/day running and tie it to the lights being on. I cannot remember if it affects the virtual cockpit map display but I can imagine in "day" mode it would be very bright at night with a white map background.

Maybe my middle-aged brain is making that up but worth a search in the settings.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members