Leon Cupra problem help please

robholygrail

If there is anyone that can help me VAGCOM my Leon Cupra around the Stratford-upon-Avon area I would really appreciate it. I had it in a garage down in Wales where I have been working. They replaced the MAF but it is still not running right. It looses power when putting foot down but will drive ok at low revs. Occasionally the engine light comes on but not all the time. Have also done throttle body alignment whilst resetting the the ecu but made no difference.

Cheers,

Rob

225 Cupra R

Jun 17, 2007
If there is anyone that can help me VAGCOM my Leon Cupra around the Stratford-upon-Avon area I would really appreciate it. I had it in a garage down in Wales where I have been working. They replaced the MAF but it is still not running right. It looses power when putting foot down but will drive ok at low revs. Occasionally the engine light comes on but not all the time. Have also done throttle body alignment whilst resetting the the ecu but made no difference.

Cheers,

Rob

Speak to P-Torque, they are based in Wolverhampton, contact Will Spooner 01902 324584, they have Vag Com, and will be able to diagnose the problem.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy

Cheers,

Rob

If you wanting travel to my ends, have it on a quick scan for you. :rolleyes:

robholygrail

BigLad, that would be great if you could scan it for me. Can't seem to find a PM system on here. If you could let me know how to contact you that would be great.

My email address is [email protected]

cheers,

rob

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
BigLad, that would be great if you could scan it for me. Can't seem to find a PM system on here. If you could let me know how to contact you that would be great.

My email address is [email protected]

cheers,

rob

Just click on my user name in the avatar,, meu wil slide out, the select send private message

all your message are stored, top right hand side of the page, it says private messages, clciking that will go staright to you inbox.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Thats odd! that option missing from your profile, :blink::confused:

Txt me on 07793******

Last edited:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
1st, recommend you change you dv as the fault keeps coming back, pressure drop - causing the boost reading lower than requested.

2nd, it states misfire detected cylinder 1, not sure if the fault was there before, but check you spark plug for that cylinder.

robholygrail

Hi BigLad,

Thanks for your help. Do you know what the codes were for the faults we picked up yesterday?

Cheers,

Rob

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
bit hard to remmber, some thing like - pressure drop between dv ( check dv)
and 2nd code was: msifire cylinder 1- intermited

Jay0636

hi, i have been having the same problem so i have changed the intercooler to throttlebody pipe and the airbox to tubo pipe with a new recirc bov. this solved the problem for about a month. i am now told that car needs new plugs and a coil... this is common on these as i work for a motor factors and get this all the time... i would recommend buying the plugs from a seat agent but the coils are available in better quality after market.

hope this helps

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.