Leon Cupra. Slowly Faster. Learning Curve "PIKEYJO"

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
Having Owned a 1.4 Leon S since passing my test. I love Leons, So once the time is right (money aint but hey ho Loans!!) I Picked this up from Wayne of here. Really good chap who let me take my time in paying for it.

Had it for a month a think now. . Feels a lot less to be honest.

Little run down off the car:

Forge 007P Fitted.
Front splitter of a LCR (Needs replaced, Parked to close to the curb)
Goodyear Eagle F1 Tyres on the front. Very good in my opinion.
82,000k Mile's.
Long Mot and tax.

First thing thats gone on is a clean!!, . . A major learning curve as i have usually used was,then a wax after and happy days. With this i decided on learning to clean it up properly.

Photo0828.jpg

Wash With meguirs,and a meguirs soft mit, Dried with a microfibre towel. Then gave the alloy's a good clean with Autoglym alloy cleaner. Powerwashed the car lightly again to remove any contaminants. All windows scrubbed and cleaned. Waxed the bonnet,front bumper and wings,Roof and spoiler so far with "Simonza" Diamond Hard Wax. Will do the rest tomorrow or before the weekend

Photo0825.jpg

Photo0824.jpg

Thats as far as i have got now. Next up is a engine clean up but that can wait.

Few wanted/ Needed Bits

Needs:

Cat back exhaust as original system is looking old and rusty.
Something rattling underneath car when moving slowly. will investigate this.
New Wipers (Golf Aero and Fabia Rear wiper)
New bulbs all round. Nightbreakers at the front.
Front drivers side lense resealing.

Wants:

Oil Change
Proper check over by a tuning company or well known leon enthusiast
New front splitter
Decat downpipe
Badger 5 TIP
Jetex filter (or is a panel filter just as good) with heatshield
N249 Bypass
Liquid Gauge
Uprated discs and pads at the front.
Stage 1 Remap

Photo0826.jpg

Photo0827.jpg

Car only getting used at weekends now as using the old 1.4S throughout the week.

Im rather new to the VAG Scene. Own a subaru impreza Sti thats getting rebuilt. On hold now or for sale for the right price.

I live up near fyvie in aberdeenshire. Seen 1 red cupra on Fyvie to cuminestown road go past today!! who are you!!.

Work in inverurie so feel free to gimme a wave!! or a middle finger!!:handbags::handbags:

Photo0806.jpg

Photo0818.jpg

Photo0819.jpg

Photo0807.jpg

Photo0809.jpg

Photo0810.jpg

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
What do people think of the following, Dont think it's going to affect emissions to much so should me MOT friendly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon-Cupra-Cobra-Sport-Performance-Exhaust-Non-Resonated-SE3-/130591820415?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e67e10a7f

Would prefer tailpipe similar to the original leon cupra tailpipe.

Just after a slightly better system as original exhaust is a MOT advisory. mated with a open cone filter would be more than loud enough.

any other recommendations??

Dont want anything like the blitz nur spec r that i have on my impreza!

Bobbymk1

Apr 24, 2012
Cat back system will be fine for MOT , cone filter get more induction noise but will draw hot air as well , I have pipercross panel filter and modified the intake with silicone hose for better air flow than small oem item

Nice car :)

Seem my post in readers ride for pics of air intake

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
Thanks mate.

Ill have a look up. Not really a fan of cone filters as i know they can murder MAF's on impreza's quite easily. and misread the air intake because of the air "swirling" threw the filter.

thanks for help

vw-aj

Jun 9, 2011
Looks good, personally i prefer the con filter sounds awesome on full throttle :D. also you mentioned a badger5 tip they re only for the LCR boys :(

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
thanks for the heads up on the Badger 5tip. . will look down a different route i think.

will look at getting the n249 bypass done this week. thats if the queen stops partying and gets posty back to work!!

Feel free to gimme a wave.im always in around inverurie (gf's taxi, work, shops, or being a bum and going for a drive just for the hell of it!!)

vw-aj

Jun 9, 2011
I have the samco tip, samco used my car as a test muel, made about 6bhp just on the tip ;)

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
Well does seems like a logical upgrade over standard...Pennies pennies pennies,

Ps anyone got a spare airbox for sale or lieing around...usefull for my new induction plan!!!

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
First time cars been driven in over a month due to breaking my hand, straight out the cast and into the Cupra. All seems fine. Apart from squeaking from passenger side front brakes. maybe a stuck piston or such like.

Looking at places for a remap after the exhaust change

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
Well not much has happened to the cupra due to money problems. Got it mot'd. Straight threw with no advisories.

Couple of weeks ago the brake pad sensor lit up on the dash. Needs new pads and discs. Passenger side looks lower than the drivers side. Stuck piston maybe. Are ebc discs good when mated with ferodo ds500 pads. Fast road use. And the occasional track day once or twice a year. At the same time I'll pain't the calipers red seat sport stickers. Also the disc guards will be repainted black as there looking worn.

Short term shopping list:

Coolant temp sensor (going genuine seat parts)
Thermostat
Oil ( 5w30 .for winter)
Redline shockproof gearbox oil
Discs and pads all round.
N249 bypass mod

She Got a good clean and polish today. Then covered with colllimite limited edition wax

Wont let upload pictures till i get tapatalk

Last edited:

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
Well I'm seriously considering selling the cupra as I'm unable to afford hunting costs and insurance. Now that I just been made redundant.

Loads of bits done that haven't been listed on here

3000 or offers nearby.
Pm for more information

Or preferably tempt me to stop selling it

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
Well she's been Swapped with another car down in bellshill in glasgow. Hope the guy pops on here and keeps me updated.

Really miss the car. Didnt want the new car straight after i signed the V5 :( but it'l heal over time im sure.

330bhp/350Tq. Will surely keep me busy

20121215_094652_zps4fda4b24.jpg

Wish to thank everyone on the forum for there help and advice. On these wonderful car's. Im on the warpath for the misses to get a cupra and not a VXR.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise