Leon Cupra ST Carbon Edition Anyone...

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
If they have then maybe they haven’t all been snapped up as quickly as expected. Couple of members on here who work for franchise dealers so they may be able to offer more info.

If they could just knocked off about £15k from the price I’ll go buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Id consider one if the price was reasonable, a good start would be if any dealer responded to my emails!!! (2 weeks so far)

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Im not willing to double my monthly outlay at the moment :roflmao:

Il be waiting till orders reopen and start looking in earnest then, id normally stick local but i think price will dictate my choice next time

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
When driving to see the in-laws spotted a grey estate in the Norwich dealership as I drove past.

Quick call on Saturday to check that it was the carbon edition and popped over today.

Looks really good in the flesh and my daughter approves.

It’s just 6 months too early! Apparently there are still 37 available to order of the original 50 including the one in their showroom.

Reactions: Syphon

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I was very tempted on Saturday whilst waiting in my local dealership to ask if there were any left but seemed a bit of a waste of time for the sales lady seeing as I have no intention of buying one... despite the fact I would really like one! (Wife says no)

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Going by the current run rate you can still have one in 6 months

It’s kind of what I’m hoping lol

However it doesn’t have Seat Sound, which is what my wife wants. Where I’d rather have the Brembos. We both want the bucket seats though, but finding an ST with them speced is very rare.

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Anyone got as far as asking the discount question?
No way would I pay £35k...but at £30k I might give it some thought...(not mad keen on boring grey tbh)

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Anyone got as far as asking the discount question?
No way would I pay £35k...but at £30k I might give it some thought...(not mad keen on boring grey tbh)
Think it’s to new and there is probably enough interest in it to not warrant a discount just yet. Maybe in a month if they’ve not sold them.

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Thought they'd all gone by now, why else would no dealer follow up my enquiry after nearly a month :lol: but realistically as above if the price was lower id jump on it, im currently on a PCP for 20k miles for £307, i could drop my mileage as im coming up short but it still wouldnt come close would it.

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Thought they'd all gone by now, why else would no dealer follow up my enquiry after nearly a month :lol: but realistically as above if the price was lower id jump on it, im currently on a PCP for 20k miles for £307, i could drop my mileage as im coming up short but it still wouldnt come close would it.

Dealers often ignore random email enquiries in my experience.

There's one for sale on Autotrader at Seat Norwich...list price!

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Due to random shifts i dont find calling exactly convenient, ive many missed calls over the years from my current dealer when they want something from me, in fact they text me 3 days ago stating "we want your car" well if you want it hows about you make some effort to replace it, i aint walking 60 miles a day. :roflmao:

Reactions: kanyewest

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Dealers often ignore random email enquiries in my experience.

There's one for sale on Autotrader at Seat Norwich...list price!
That’s the one I went to see. Apparently they have one interested person but they haven’t paid a deposit yet.

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
Well, the 3 sales people at SEAT Birmingham (Star City) were more content to have a conversation amongst themselves when I went in to enquire. No other customers in the showroom on a wet afternoon at the end of last month and yet they couldn't be bothered to take any details despite me asking to see a Monsoon Grey car in the flesh.

A bit like that scene in "Pretty Woman" - big mistake! I couldn't not let SEAT know.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
It’s kind of what I’m hoping lol

However it doesn’t have Seat Sound, which is what my wife wants. Where I’d rather have the Brembos. We both want the bucket seats though, but finding an ST with them speced is very rare.

I always wanted Seat Sound... not sure how good it is over standard? Probably very I expect. Wife’s Kadjar has a Bose system and I think it’s a bit tame. Maybe an indication of how good the standard Renault system is.

The euro press pics of the Carbon have the pano roof. Shame the uk spec cars don’t have it. Gives a good contrast to the grey paint IMO. I Like the wheels and obviously the carbo bits. Who knows, in two years when my finance is up there will be one on the market to buy

Deleted member 103408

Well, the 3 sales people at SEAT Birmingham (Star City) were more content to have a conversation amongst themselves when I went in to enquire. No other customers in the showroom on a wet afternoon at the end of last month and yet they couldn't be bothered to take any details despite me asking to see a Monsoon Grey car in the flesh.

A bit like that scene in "Pretty Woman" - big mistake! I couldn't not let SEAT know.

I suspect they think these cars just sell themselves, I was talking to a guy who works for Jag and I said to him that my old next door neighbour used to have a Merc, when she went in to the garage they made her feel special, washed the car, drove her into town etc.
Jag however once they had sold her a car were not interested anymore.

He said "SEAT TAKE NOTE" they have realised that customers count and you have to keep them happy.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members