Leon Cupra ST Carbon Edition Anyone...

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Fog less intakes look good hopefully aid some more air over the oil cooler (expensive to buy?)

Did you paint your Seat badges or buy new?
Those intakes feed the brake ducts only.

Expensive, not really, hard to get, very.

Front badge is wrapped, the 2 parts pop out easy enough.

Rear to do tomorrow I hope.

However the European models have the black badges as an option, just don’t know the part number :(

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
Those intakes feed the brake ducts only.

Expensive, not really, hard to get, very.

Front badge is wrapped, the 2 parts pop out easy enough.

Rear to do tomorrow I hope.

However the European models have the black badges as an option, just don’t know the part number :(

you sure there are brake ducts, on every R and on mine you can clearly see the Radiators

managed to wrap my front badge in carbon

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
you sure there are brake ducts, on every R and on mine you can clearly see the Radiators

managed to wrap my front badge in carbon
I thought that at first, but then i took the bumper off. Its a filter type thing, presumably to stop crap getting into the brake ducts.

But every Cupra has the brake ducts, just put your wheel on full lock...

IMG_0848 (Edited).JPG

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
After a 3 month delay I picked up my Carbon Edition from Norwich on Thursday.
The delay was worthwhile because I think the deal at £29k was a good one,as promised the car was immaculate and had not been used,there were only 17 miles on the clock.The salesman said that they could have sold it a dozen times over at that price,but that could have been just talk,of course.
They do have another one in stock,must be one of the last,but I think they may be holding out for close to list for it.

Early impressions are very good.You can only fairly compare it to other cars recently owned,and for various reasons I've swapped cars a bit to quickly in recent times so the last two have come and gone in the last 18 months,but both are cars that are sort of comparable.

In 2017 I had a new M140i.It was very quick with a superb engine an 8 speed auto box.The rest of the car was nothing special and the suspension was very poor,with the comfort setting being bouncy and sloppy and the sport setting being bouncy and too hard....spring rates too high,dampers poor quality...and the car was a bit small when it came to practicalities.Also I thought if the back end let go,would I be quick enough to catch it,probably not!

In 2018 I went onto a new Civic type R GT,still very quick,super manual gear box and great handling,also could be comfortable as well,although not a naturally relaxed drive.Now I am in my sixties and had some serious health problems in 2018 and the car was hardly used and my opinion changed.They are great cars but I suddenly felt I was too old for it.I know the extreme looks trouble a lot of people,but I've had quick jap cars before so it was more that I started to feel nervous about who the looks might attract,in other words I lost confidence in leaving it in a car park for some time for fear of vandalism or theft.

So on to the Leon.I think it's a great compromise,comfortable cruiser,spacious,plenty of performance,good handling,discreet looks.In particular I find the dcc modes spot on for each purpose.Nothing to complain about yet although it's early days.

This one ought to be a keeper!

stig

Jan 27, 2019
Rather late to the thread - but very relevant as I just bought a Carbon :)

Damo - those carbon paddles look great, where did you get them? I found some on eBay for about £100 - maybe same source?

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Rather late to the thread - but very relevant as I just bought a Carbon :)

Damo - those carbon paddles look great, where did you get them? I found some on eBay for about £100 - maybe same source?
Mine were off of a Facebook seller who decided they weren’t for him. If they’re in a box titled T-Carbon they’re the same ones. But have some extra 3M double sided adhesive stripes spare. Mine needed padding out a little more to click properly, and they end up sitting more flush with the standard paddles they attach too.

Place them in position make sure your happy, then press them on tightly, before whacking the warm blowers on them for a good 5 minutes. (Or a hair dryer :) )

Just don’t expect to take them off again when you sell the car.

stig

Jan 27, 2019
Cheers Damo! Yes, that 3M tape is very good - a bit too good sometimes :) Just posted on the mudflap thread too...

I sense some shopping in the immediate future! Bootliner, rubber mats and possibly mudflaps. Roads get very messy around my way.

stig

Jan 27, 2019
Another question for Damo and Oldbutswitft - not keen on the tyre foam kit, they're useless in my experience. Looking for a proper spare wheel, but only 18" available and even then - not sure it would fit over the Brembos. Any ideas?

Ta

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Another question for Damo and Oldbutswitft - not keen on the tyre foam kit, they're useless in my experience. Looking for a proper spare wheel, but only 18" available and even then - not sure it would fit over the Brembos. Any ideas?

Ta
I need to get one too.

The space savers should not be fitted to the front of most cupras (except the 4 drive) as it can damage the diff.

So in short, you have to do the same as the FWD cars. If you have a front puncture, put the space saver on the rear, and then your rear wheel on the front.

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
I need to get one too.

The space savers should not be fitted to the front of most cupras (except the 4 drive) as it can damage the diff.

So in short, you have to do the same as the FWD cars. If you have a front puncture, put the space saver on the rear, and then your rear wheel on the front.

That's how I would expect to use it...the space saver always on the rear.

I have already bought an 18" kit,not tried on the car,but it does fit OK in the boot!

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
Cheers Damo! Yes, that 3M tape is very good - a bit too good sometimes :) Just posted on the mudflap thread too...

I sense some shopping in the immediate future! Bootliner, rubber mats and possibly mudflaps. Roads get very messy around my way.
Reversible boot liner (with bumper flap) from my A4 (B7) fits a treat and I'm sure you'll find some cheap ones out there if you want to go that route.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.