Leon Door cards

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Has anyone had any luck, or know off how the new leon door cards come off?

I got all the door cards un hinged except that the centre of the door card which is held on from inside from what i saw a rod or bolt, but no visable hole to release this bolt rod as its too far in to get a hand in to release it, what ever it is?

Wondered if anyone else had any luck...??:confused:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
NEW Leon... the old ones are easy off, do mine in about 3 secs flat... lol

This is for the new shape Leon as a mate of mine whats to change his speakers and well, cant get to them without the door card off properly!!

Has anyone had any experience in them, or does someone know a Seat Tech that would know of a new version of EKTA that will have pictures of the door card????

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
im sure i read on here the other day that you dont need to take the cards off, the rings round the speaker will unclip and reveal the speaker screwmounts, i may be wrong, but have a search

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Yep I've had the door cards off a new leon, I also had to instruct my dealer on how to do it;) :doh:

The winder mechanism and door lock mechanism are both connected to the inside of the card and come off with it.

You will need a T25 Torx screwdriver to remove the lock barrel and a M6 multispline bit to remove the lock mechanism.

If you haven't got those two it wont happen!

Why do you need the panel off?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Yes if you was to replace them with standard sizes....

This is abit more custom and need to see what kinda space is behind the door cards...

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Jusr re-read your post, no you don't need to remove the door card to remove the speakers, just pop the covers off and then 4 screws.

The window mech runs behind the speaker so there isn't a lot of extra room.

Last edited:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Hence i wanted to take the door card off to see what space is behind the card and too fix the crossovers and etc to the back of it...

Is it quite easy to take off and put back on after the M6 and T25 are removed anything i should be aware off that i should take care removing and replacing?

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Hi,

Can you supply any details on door card removal please? I am looking at the feasibility of fitting sound deadening to the doors/door cards.

Thanks

LeonDK

Aug 10, 2004
Malmö
Hi,

One of my friends have a Car Hi-FI shop. He have build this Clarion democar.

According to him it is a **** task to take of the door cards - especially if you forget to fixate the windows before releasing the last of the Torx screws...

but see some pictures here: Leon with Clarion Hifi

Last edited:

illustrious

Converted Beezer lover..
Apr 5, 2005
Worcestershire
I have a horrible rattle from the rear passenger door when I have music loud. It's not so loud as to distort the speakers, but the area around the rear door lock sounds like something is vibrating badly inside.
from outside the car it can be heard rattling through the door skin!
Was hoping it would be easier to remove the door panel and look for loose parts.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members