Leon electrical faults

w5ccb

Sep 13, 2013
Have a bit of an issue today, hit a pheasant today cracked my lower grill and subsequently the pheasant has hit what I think is the temperature gauge. Anyway electrical faults from this have materialised including

Tyre pressure monitor fault
No external temperature
Parking sensors not working
Engine management

Think it's a bit ridiculous, anyone got any ideas of a fix, also how difficult is it to remove the bumper to fit a new grill

Thanks

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Have a bit of an issue today, hit a pheasant today cracked my lower grill and subsequently the pheasant has hit what I think is the temperature gauge. Anyway electrical faults from this have materialised including

No external temperature
Engine management

Think it's a bit ridiculous, anyone got any ideas of a fix, also how difficult is it to remove the bumper to fit a new grill

Thanks

Tyre pressure monitor fault - not sure why this would come up - the tyre pressure is estimated by the ABS wheel speed sensors.

No external temperature - the external temp sensor is just behind the bumper - the wires may have been pulled off.

Parking sensors not working - again - the sensor wires may have been pulled off

Engine management - not sure - is there any other signs ( engine temp high etc )

w5ccb

Sep 13, 2013
Yeah, the temp and park sensors I can definitely understand but the engine and abs, checked the wires on the temperature sensor
and they are still connected, wonder if it's an earth fault

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yeah, the temp and park sensors I can definitely understand but the engine and abs, checked the wires on the temperature sensor
and they are still connected, wonder if it's an earth fault

How much damage has it done to the front of the car ?

The ABS warning light would be on if you snagged a line.
Have you checked the tyre pressures - perhaps its coincidence that one is down.

w5ccb

Sep 13, 2013
It hasn't done a lot of damage, just a pheasant sized hole on the rhs looking at the car where it must have come into contact with the temp guage. Plugged into vcds and the engine is recording low voltage from the temp sensor and the rest are getting false readings from the databus. Thinking its just not liking the sensor being faulty so going to try a new one.

Orbiter

Orbiter
Apr 3, 2015
More importantly

No external temperature
Engine management

Thanks

How's the pheasant?

w5ccb

Sep 13, 2013
It was looking quite sorry for itself, haha, looks like a trip to the dealers to get it all sorted

jamie_

Dec 22, 2010
Cumbria
Hi sorry for resurrecting an old thread but my partner hit a sheep today (it didn't come off well) and just wondered if a solution was found for this? As the car is suffering from the exact symptoms

w5ccb

Sep 13, 2013
Hi sorry for resurrecting an old thread but my partner hit a sheep today (it didn't come off well) and just wondered if a solution was found for this? As the car is suffering from the exact symptoms

After replacing the ambient air temperature sensor and clearing the faults everything was back to normal, quick and easy fix considering the amount of faults it caused

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I'm sorry, she hit a Sheep! A real whole sheep? How...? Greenlaning?
shrek+the+sheep.jpg

jamie_

Dec 22, 2010
Cumbria
Yeah going over an open fell road. Darted out from behind a rock across the road right in front of her took both of the grills too

jamie_

Dec 22, 2010
Cumbria
That was my biggest relief, considering the size of the sheep, it didn't crack any of the plastic of the bumper even the reg plate wasn't cracked

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.