Leon FR Mats

jazzmonst

Hello,

I got some normal car mats from the stealer when i picked up my car last week but the mat that fits on the driver side doesn't fit (it covers half the accelerator pedal so i have to roll it back up to the seat to ensure i don't have an accident!).

I've done a search for car mats on the forum and there are a couple of choices which are the seat sport ones (which i can only see are LHD for MK2 Leon) and the FR ones from www.ambassadorcarmats.co.uk which have a horrible kick plate on.

Any ideas on better ones with either Leon or FR embroided on them (and without the kick plate) that fit?

FRTDI170

The parts guy at Richard Alexander Huddersfield got some made up which look pretty good. Paid about £25. He did have them on ebay (raSeat) I think was his user name. Not sure if he's got any left though.

robjw

I have the ones from ambassador and I didn't like the idea of the heel plate either. But in the flesh they look quite good. I think they'll do them with a carpeted heel area instead of metal if you ask.

If I'd known RA did them I'd have gone there - that's my local dealer!

FRTDI170

I popped in and picked mine up from RA's in Hudds.

They're not fantastic quality but what do you expect for £20 with logos?!?

Robjw - if you're local, keep an eye on your motor!!

Local plod told me there's been plenty going missing round here and then subsequently involved in various incidents. I got pulled over at 2am at Junc 26 M62 two weeks ago to check ownership etc. They had four marked cars waiting specifically for Leons on the roundabout!!!

I had an attempted break in last night & I reckon they were after my keys.

She's safely locked away in garage overnight from now on.....

jazzmonst

cheers for the link (i had a look but couldn't find them on ebay:doh:)!

Chris24747

i got mine from ambassador, i got mine with a black carpet 'kick plate' they look real nice. i rang them up to order cos i wanted to ask for the carpet instead of metal plate i got a black outline as well seen as i have a black car. i think they would do most things if you request them.

FRTDI, where are you from? i got rid of my TT cos someone broke into my house for my keys, the last thing i want is the same happening again!

Last edited by a moderator:

jazzmonst

I went for the RaSeat mats on eBay for £25 in the end although the ambassador ones with a black carpet kick plate with a black outline would also match my black magic FR TDI too but i went for the cheaper option :).

Thanks for the links and advice though!:clap:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.