Seat leon mk3 same car mats as vw scirroco

Mar 2, 2024
My first conversation on the fourm as im new to the sene. 🙂🙂

Ive been interested in the diamond styled car mats that are waterproof ect.

Ive seen a set on facebook marketplace for a decent price but there from a VW Scirroco, they look like they would fit but im not too sure if the sizes are the same since there custom fit. Would just like to know before i spend time to drive there.
IMG_8002.png
Thanks

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I seem to remember the VW Scirocco was based on the mk5 / mk6 Golf platform which I think is also the same platform as used by the mk2 Leon. So Scirocco and Golf mk5/6 (and mk2 Leon) mats are probably interchangeable.

However, the mk3 Leon / mk7 Golf are built on a different / newer platform to the Scirocco so IMHO it’s unlikely that Scirocco custom fit mats will fit correctly in a mk3 Leon.

Reactions: Nathan2020
Mar 2, 2024
I seem to remember the VW Scirocco was based on the mk5 / mk6 Golf platform which I think is also the same platform as used by the mk2 Leon. So Scirocco and Golf mk5/6 (and mk2 Leon) mats are probably interchangeable.

However, the mk3 Leon / mk7 Golf are built on a different / newer platform to the Scirocco so IMHO it’s unlikely that Scirocco custom fit mats will fit correctly in a mk3 Leon.
I did have that idea and it makes complete sense thanks for helping me

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.