Leon MK1 Cruise Control Guide - Pic Heavy

Mark27LCR

Oct 22, 2012
Birmingham
Can the programming in bit be done with registered version of VCDS-lite as its roughly £60 and works with most OBD usb cables?

iwant2gofaster

Top guide guys, spent a worthy couple of hours after work tonight doing this, your guide was awesome.

I did buy a VCDS licence but its worth £50 quid.

paul0

May 18, 2014
Anyone have pin out on the stalk with maybe what colours would be on them?

Don't ask. Bad eBay purchase!!

Cheers

Daedalus

Stalk Pinouts!

Well, I've just replaced my indicator stalk using the first part of this guide, and thank you very much for that - it's an excellent walkthrough! I was having the funky clicking issue with the relay, and eventually the bloody thing started indicating right constantly. All's well now though!

As a thankyou, I took the liberty of doing the pinouts of the stalk, since a couple of people seemed interested... Enjoy :)

Actually, it seems I can't post here since I don't have enough posts made yet... But copy and paste this into your browser and you'll have the pinouts:

robthenerd.com/misc/leonstalk.gif

Edit: Someone else feel free to embed it in a post if you like! Oh, and sorry, I didn't get the wire colours... And I'm fecked if I'm taking it out again :p

Last edited:

Mark One

Mar 4, 2009
Silverstone
Nice pinout, one of the on/off pins you've identified will be 'cancel'. You can hit cancel with a flick towards 'off' but without going the whole way

Daedalus

Nice pinout, one of the on/off pins you've identified will be 'cancel'. You can hit cancel with a flick towards 'off' but without going the whole way

You're right - I did dissect the old stalk, but wasn't sure why one of the sets of contacts disengaged before the other. In this case, it's pins 4 & 5 that break first so I guess they're cancel. Didn't realise that was a function! :p I've updated that diagram now to show the different functions.

Last edited:

steamingdwarf

Did this earlier on my LCR TDI 150 took me about an hour to install stalk and wiring, reali easy with the guide and genuine parts are so much easier to work with. Just got to get it activated.