W44DUP

Leon MK3/5F Front Bumper Removal Guide

mac219

Jan 19, 2017
Turns out the clips are broken on mine, Have fixed it just now but will order the block with the clips on this week, Thanks

mac219

Jan 19, 2017
Sorry you mean the bumper...Its got one bolt at the lower side. I unbolted that and pulled the wing out..thread a cable tie through eye in the topside of wing. Push back in then tie round chassis. Temp fix till I get the new blocks with wedge clips

webb204

May 19, 2015
Sorry you mean the bumper...Its got one bolt at the lower side. I unbolted that and pulled the wing out..thread a cable tie through eye in the topside of wing. Push back in then tie round chassis. Temp fix till I get the new blocks with wedge clips

Yes mate ,i had a quick look at mine last week ,but couldn't see any clips at all on the block ,ill have to get my arse into gear and have a good look ,thanks for your help:)

mac219

Jan 19, 2017
No problem. The topside of the wing has 3 square holes on the lip that slots in. These should slip over the 3 wedge mouldings that are part of the block.

Hope that makes sense

Deleted member 103408

Thanks very much this is a very helpful guide. Look forward to the Rear pictures when ready.

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Slightly off topic... But is there a way of removing fog light on FR without taking the entire bumper off...something unbelievable happened to me... I was trying to change bulb to led and the led bulb got stuck and then fallen apart and fell inside the fog light...im jinxed or what?

Last edited:

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
Slightly off topic... But is there a way of removing fog light on FR without taking the entire bumper off...something unbelievable happened to me... I was trying to change bulb to led and the led bulb got stuck and then fallen apart and fell inside the fog light...im jinxed or what?

No.

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Holy mackerel...its quicker to remove the whole bumper than to try to maneuver with your hand behind the washer fluid container...just a bit of force is needed so whoever does it for the first time needs not to be afraid to pull hard once all the bolts are removed... Thank You very much for the guide ;)

Wysłane z mojego MI 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Once I knew where all the screws are and knew where to pull...it would take around 20minutes, my first one was around an hour as I was afraid to pull hard enough to release the bumper from under the headlamps :)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Great guide W44DUP, many thanks for posting.
Just ordered my TCR front splitter and sounds like it's easier to fit it with the bumper off so just what I needed.

blawrence73

Feb 20, 2017
Hi W44DUP,

Have you got a picture of the whole of the front of the car with the bumper off?

I need a new condenser on mine & want to see how easy/difficult it looks to do before I start.

Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.