Leon r st abt exhaust upgrade

Dec 1, 2022
Hi all, haven’t really posted before here, I’m looking at upgrading the exhaust on my r st, it’s one of the abt versions in black. I see Remus seem to sell an upgraded system, would appreciate any advice on what to buy and where to get it? I live in the East Midlands. Thanks in advance for any responses.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
What is the goal? Do you want louder, different tone, different tips? Most exhausts fabricators can do a res delete for not a lot of money, which keeps the car looking OEM.

Dec 1, 2022
What is the goal? Do you want louder, different tone, different tips? Most exhausts fabricators can do a res delete for not a lot of money, which keeps the car looking OEM.
hi, thanks for replying, I’m looking for louder, it’s just so quiet at the moment, I don’t mind what the tips look like, similar to oem would be preferred. Not needing more power, but it would be nice, it’s just the sound - my wifes standard golf r estate sounds better!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I deleted the resonators on my Cupra 280, and kept the original back box, and it’s sounds brilliant now, not too loud or drony. And sound increases when in Cupra mode as revs increase, so this acts like a kind of exhaust vol button too 😂 I have the Soundaktor deactivated so it’s purely exhaust and engine noise. The exhaust fabrication cost me £258, custom-made pipe and fitting.

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
If you've got opf/gpf you have to get rid of that to get any sound as it restricts a lot.
Res delete won't make much difference till that has gone.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I wouldn’t delete the GPF. What about a sports exhaust with a sports cat instead?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Thanks for the replies, looks like it’s doabl. Doesn’t getting rid of the gpf make the car illegal in the uk?

I believe it does.

I think that technically, a car that’s illegal for UK road use may also be considered to be unroadworthy. Pretty much all insurance companies will have a roadworthiness requirement in the small print of their policies, so an insurance company could also void the policy and / or not pay out - or deal with - claims if they consider a car is unroadworthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merlingriffon
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.