Leon ST CUPRA Carbon Edition

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I really like those wheels but the Golf R style 4 exit exhaust looks naff, much prefer the 2 large oval tail pipes on regular cupra's.

Obviously it’s each to their own but I like the quad exhaust look on the ST. On the hatch back, not so much. I like the two oval ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Is there a full list of equipment that it'll come with (particularly interested in the rear camera and wireless charging)?
I've heard it's only available in Monsoon Grey, with no options to add anything to it at all.
Hopefully Scrogg can confirm, as he seems to share more information than can be extracted from the rest of the internet :)

Hopefully it's not a case of different markets getting better standard kit, makes it harder to justify to the better half then....

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Is there a full list of equipment that it'll come with (particularly interested in the rear camera and wireless charging)? I've heard it's only available in Monsoon Grey, with no options to add anything to it at all.
As far as I know the additional specification over a standard Leon ST CUPRA 300 is as shown in my original post in this thread (which would mean no camera or wireless charging :no: )

I've not seen anything announcing the colour, but with only 45 coming into the UK I'd be surprised if they're not all the same (which will almost certainly be Monsoon Grey, yes)

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
As far as I know the additional specification over a standard Leon ST CUPRA 300 is as shown in my original post in this thread (which would mean no camera or wireless charging :no: )

I've not seen anything announcing the colour, but with only 45 coming into the UK I'd be surprised if they're not all the same (which will almost certainly be Monsoon Grey, yes)
And within minutes of me posting that further details were announced by SEAT!

The additional specification over a standard Leon ST CUPRA 300 is as per this thread, and the car is only available in Monsoon Grey.

They are available to reserve now, and will be allocated on a 'first-come, first-served' basis, with priority being given to customers requesting a July delivery over those requesting a September delivery (which basically means if you want to reserve one, and tell your retailer you want it for September you most likely won't get it)

The cars are all built, and are already starting to arrive at UK Port...

Leeseat

Jul 9, 2018
Warrington
There is 50 coming to the UK.
Spec is below.
It will be a cash only car, so no pcp offers or pch offers. Same as Cupra R
Also 1 comment said all dealers are going to be Cupra dealers? No only the bigger dealers for now, every dealer will still sell the Cupras for the same as them, we just won't have the showroom spot.

The Leon ST CUPRA Carbon Edition comes with 2.0 TSI 300PS DSG-auto 4Drive and, in addition to the great standard equipment on the Leon ST CUPRA 300, will get a host of additional sports, styling and performance features including:
  • CUPRA bucket seats
  • Exclusive 19-inch black alloy wheels
  • Quad rear exhausts with CUPRA logo
  • High performance Brembo brakes
  • Carbon- fibre front and rear diffusers
  • Carbon-fibre side blades
The Leon ST CUPRA Carbon Edition is available in Monsoon Grey only.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
F##k I want one of these so bad! my wife would leave me if I doubled my current finance... I need a pay rise! :(

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
It will be a cash only car, so no pcp offers or pch offers.
Just so any potential buyers are clear, it will be possible to buy one of these cars on PCP or PCH (although why anyone would want to on the latter is beyond me) but they do not qualify for the subsidised rates or deposit contributions available on the rest of the Leon range.

They are not a "cash only" car available only to people with circa £36k sat in the bank...

Reactions: IrnBru

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
There is 50 coming to the UK.
Spec is below.
It will be a cash only car, so no pcp offers or pch offers. Same as Cupra R
Also 1 comment said all dealers are going to be Cupra dealers? No only the bigger dealers for now, every dealer will still sell the Cupras for the same as them, we just won't have the showroom spot.

The Leon ST CUPRA Carbon Edition comes with 2.0 TSI 300PS DSG-auto 4Drive and, in addition to the great standard equipment on the Leon ST CUPRA 300, will get a host of additional sports, styling and performance features including:
  • CUPRA bucket seats
  • Exclusive 19-inch black alloy wheels
  • Quad rear exhausts with CUPRA logo
  • High performance Brembo brakes
  • Carbon- fibre front and rear diffusers
  • Carbon-fibre side blades
The Leon ST CUPRA Carbon Edition is available in Monsoon Grey only.
Why no finance deals? Surely people that have £35k burning a hole in their pocket don't buy SEAT's? And if they do, they used up all their spare cash buying the R :stars:

Leeseat

Jul 9, 2018
Warrington
scrogg you maybe right but I cant find the car on COL. let me know what dealer your at and you must know this if you where at the meeting last Wednesday?
yes there will be a finance option but the rate will be stupid so with customers who have bought the Cupra R from us we advised to go to the bank as the rate is far cheaper.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...you maybe right but I cant find the car on COL.
I'm sure if SEAT Finance were offered the opportunity to finance one they would find a way...

...otherwise there are plenty of other lenders able to offer PCP/PCH products that would welcome the business.

...let me know what dealer your at...
Why? What relevance does that have to this thread?

Leeseat

Jul 9, 2018
Warrington
You would think that to be right but when I have been speaking to them about the R they said they couldnt do anything other than standard rate and if I wanted to support it I could. It just wasn't something I was willing to do when the customers we have where getting a rate of 2.9 APR and any subs would put me well in the red.

Only asking the dealer to see if your getting the same info as us, I have no issue in saying im the sales manager at IMG and my email is [email protected] so if you would like any help or info let me know.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Only asking the dealer to see if your getting the same info as us...
Yep, exactly the same information, at exactly the same time.

I have no 'insider information' that isn't freely available to the retailer network as a whole, I just choose to read it, learn it and share it with our customers/potential customers which sadly many retailers seem not to do...

Leeseat

Jul 9, 2018
Warrington
100% agree. Just be a tad careful as not all the information that is on the hub is accurate and some of it is under embargo.
Seat monitor some things on here that’s why I used to be on here with our img handle but now I use my own.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...not all the information that is on the hub is accurate
Sometimes mistakes are made, yes. But they are rectified when they are discovered, and I will always update the information I provide if it later proves to have been inaccurate (which so far has not happened)

...and some of it is under embargo.
Which is why in my signature it says, "No, I won't send you anything confidential/privileged." I have been doing this long enough to know what I should and shouldn't post...

Reactions: Damo H and kazand

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
Hi guys I work for SEAT main dealer as well and enquired about one this afternoon but told there is nothing on hub/system to say it could be taken on a pch, my 290st goes back Sept so it would be perfect, however I appreciate there won't be the financial support like I got on mine so more than likely it's out of my price range anyway , also all the pics I've seen of car are in Matte grey, now is it monsoon matte or standard monsoon, another query our dealership couldn't answer, thanks all

Leeseat

Jul 9, 2018
Warrington
Sometimes mistakes are made, yes. But they are rectified when they are discovered, and I will always update the information I provide if it later proves to have been inaccurate (which so far has not happened)

Which is why in my signature it says, "No, I won't send you anything confidential/privileged." I have been doing this long enough to know what I should and shouldn't post...

I thought that. Been on here for a few years with the img handle. I thought I knew what I could and couldn’t post.

Leeseat

Jul 9, 2018
Warrington
Hi guys I work for SEAT main dealer as well and enquired about one this afternoon but told there is nothing on hub/system to say it could be taken on a pch, my 290st goes back Sept so it would be perfect, however I appreciate there won't be the financial support like I got on mine so more than likely it's out of my price range anyway , also all the pics I've seen of car are in Matte grey, now is it monsoon matte or standard monsoon, another query our dealership couldn't answer, thanks all

You can’t quote for the car on the VW finance system at the moment and I don’t know when or if you can. As scrogg says some dealers may use other funding methods but unfortunately it’s not something we do.

It’s also in standard monsoon grey metallic.

Zai

Jun 20, 2018

Like Leeseat said, it's the glossy version. Guessing the pictures you've seen is of the R version? The Carbon Edition is up on the german configurator if you want to have a closer look:

http://konfigurator.seat.de/seat-cc/desktop-desktop-007_DEFAULT-de-normal.view

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
On various german webpages they are showing them in white and like a new silver/light grey, unless it's Nevada white under camera lights, fair few with sunroof as well, also no digital dash

Last edited: