Leon ST headlamp lens replacement

Jan 9, 2022
Hi all,

Looking to get advice on my issue.

A bit of background. My Seat Leon ST '68 was parked on the street, and some Prius managed to catch fire nearby one night...unfortunately I wasn't at home at the time and couldn't move my car out of the way, had to find out what happened from a neighbour :(

Thankfully my car also didn't go up in flames, but it did cause cosmetic heat damage to the front passenger side headlight area:
- All the lights still work fine luckily, and still lights up the road despite appearance
- Headlight lens is 'crazed', not something I can rub off
- Paint bubbling to bumper and bonnet

Initially I want to replace the headlight lens only, but struggling to find this exact part. Have done a few searches here and online which deal with the whole headlight unit, but I don't want to replace this as it would be a waste and obviously way more expensive.

Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to buy the headlight lens only, and if so where?

I'm hoping the bonnet and bumper damage can be locally scraped away and resprayed without full replacement as well, but want to sort the lens first.

See attached images for more detail. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

IMG_20220107_140258.jpg
IMG-20211207-WA0004.jpg

Jan 9, 2022
Thanks for replying.

Forgot to mention, I do not have any registration of the car which caught fire nor owner's details. I asked for a local fire department reference number and they couldn't find any, so claiming this repair via insurance is going to be tricky.

I'd rather sort this cheaply myself if possible.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
This is a front LED LH headlight from a RHD 2018 Leon.

1641812693145.png

What with bumper damage and possible wing respray as well I would personally definitely be going through the insurance.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise