Leon Stylance 1.4 TSI insurance group?

jem16

Jan 13, 2008
Glasgow
Surely, what Seat say will not be what your preferred insurance company may say :shrug:

If the model is not quoted on an insurance search suggest you contact your preferred insurance company direct?

I didn't say i had done an insurance search. I said that I had spoken to my own "preferred" insurance company. At the moment the 1.4 Tsi Stylance is not on their system as it's a new engine model and only just coming on the road.

Personally I am with Direct Line which will never appear on a "General Search" because they cut out the middle man and you have to get a quote from them direct. Not always the best but, as an old git, have not found one to beat them yet :whistle:

RPM

I laways get a quote from Direct Line and have had a policy with them in the past. However I don't believe in paying over the odds for my insurance either. I'm with Esure at the moment and I usually get £45 cashback by taking out a policy from them through Quidco.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Direct Line are on Tesco's comparision site under the name of Privilege.
They have been by far the best quote for me on a Cupra, twice.

jem16

Jan 13, 2008
Glasgow
Direct Line are on Tesco's comparision site under the name of Privilege.
They have been by far the best quote for me on a Cupra, twice.

A lot of companies use Direct Line as their insurer, one of which as you say is Privilege.

The problem with insurance is that there are so many variables to take into account such as age, location and driving habits that no one insurance company is best. What is the best for you, even with the same car, might be the worst for me.

The comparison sites will help you get an idea.

jem16

Jan 13, 2008
Glasgow
what would be higher price
1.4 stylance 125bhp
1.9 tdi stylance 105 bhp
??

I have a 1.9 tdi VW Golf which I'm sure is group 6. I have just bought a 1.4 tsi stylance.

My insurance was renewed on 3rd February. Yesterday i phoned my insurance company ( Esure) and they have told me that my new car will be approx £8 cheaper.

So for me the premium is almost exactly the same.

The 1.4 would be a bit higher as its group 8, compared to 6 on the TDI.

You would think so but not from what i have been told.