Leon Workshop Manual

Ross6392

Apr 30, 2020
Hi all,

It’s great that the workshop manual has been listed previously, been a great help. You would think that given the amount of MK3s on the road now that a Haynes would be available soon, maybe it will be getting developed since the release of the MK4 last year. Anyone in the know about this?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Direct that question to Haynes they will give you the correct answer, I've even bought new manuals direct from them which was cheaper than buying new elsewhere.

Reactions: Ross6392

Ross6392

Apr 30, 2020
Direct that question to Haynes they will give you the correct answer, I've even bought new manuals direct from them which was cheaper than buying new elsewhere.
Great idea, have done this now let’s hope they get back to me.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The workshop manuals are here:

Once you get your head around where to find things, it’s quite easy to find the tasks that you want. The one titled ‘Maintenance’ broadly aligns to a Haynes manual. You can also use the online version of EKTA (illustrated parts catalogue) - these generally follow the same ‘configuration hierarchy’ as the workshop manuals, which aids the ability to find what you want:

There is also the guides section pinned to the top of this forum with some ‘how to dos’.

If you are desperate for a Haynes manual, then why not consider the VW Golf Mk7 version? There is a very high degree of commonality between the MQB platform cars, and the principles can be carried over from one model to the next.

Last edited:

Ross6392

Apr 30, 2020
The workshop manuals are here:

There is also the guides section pinned to the top of this forum with some ‘how to dos’.

If you are desperate for a Haynes manual, then why not consider the VW Golf Mk7 version? There is a very high degree of commonality between the MQB platform cars, and the principles can be carried over from one mode to the next.
Not desperate but just wanting to find out as it it would be good to have, yes they are very similar many of the how to guides I’ve used are for the mk7 golf, this is what made me wonder if there was a Haynes being produced for the Leon since the golf one had been issued. Thanks

Reactions: black_sheep

Ross6392

Apr 30, 2020
This is the response from Haynes after an email query, sounds good but it will be a shame if they deviate from dedicated manuals.

“Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we currently don’t have a manual for your vehicle.

We are currently in the process of creating an exciting and comprehensive new automotive maintenance and repair product that will cover around 95% of car makes and models – an increase of around 40% over our current Workshop Manual coverage. This will provide consumers with more choice than ever before.”

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes, that does sound a lot like what others have already been offering to trade on an annual subscription basis, what most DIYers want is a plain talking document aimed at their car only.

I've got copies of the official workshop docs for my 2010 S4 and my wife's 2015 VW Polo, they are better than nothing but do tend to be messy to use, though "it" is all there if you persist!

Haynes etc normally group things a bit more logically for the average DIYer and have a useful index - official workshop manuals usually fail there.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.