Let's talk about intakes

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Hey guys. I was wondering if anybody has installed a ram or cold air intake on their mk6? What have your experiences been? I've fitted a Forge Ram intake and I could swear the car is making less torque higher in the rev range and is slower to respond. Despite their product page claiming low end torque isn't sacrificed. I don't know if this is just an illusion because the power delivery got smoother, but it seems the throttle is less responsive at high revs.

For anyone that's installed an induction system, have you experienced the same? I certainly don't expect any power gains, but I'd have thought it would be more responsive and wouldn't feel more sluggish. The wierd thing is on the day I installed it the car felt much more peppy and aggressive but this seems to have gone away.

Is there a way to reset the ECU on the mk6? Does the battery trick still work or is it one of those ecu's that remembers everything after a battery disconnect?

I'm also thinking it's possible that the design is exacerbating heat soak, but again the product page says it draws cool air from the OE cold air duct. Any tips and hacks to get more cold air in there? Perhaps something even an air inlet on the hood?

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
So I don't know if I'm purely imagining it but the car feels much faster this morning. I'm starting to wonder if my ECU is just adjusting to me driving in traffic every evening. Is this a thing? Yesterday I did some hard driving so maybe today it readjusted to be more aggressive today?