Life expectancy?

Rich666

The video guy!
Aug 20, 2005
Leeds
www.richard-spawforth.com
Hi guys!
I've had my Ibiza mk3 cupra for YEARS....at least 6 now! I have to say its been fantastic!! Never missed a beat! ....actually that might be a small fib...i have had the usual coil packs issues and electric window switches need a clean to keep working every now and then...also i had to replace the radio fascia but i found one in a scrappers.....etc..

Anyway, it really has been a great car and a real work horse! So i'm just wondering how long it will go for?! Its on 95K miles at the mo. I know its a very difficult question to answer but talking ball park figures whats the average life of one of these? Searches have revealed many cars in the 130K category going strong! Whats the highest mileage anyone has seen?

speters2001

Jul 30, 2011
Ive seen one on 207k, original clutch, gearbox etc, was completely standard and full service history

davidcupra

Oct 4, 2009
high wycombe buckinghmshire
Mines just reached 150500 still going strong .although I've replaced gearbox and turbo mainly down poor serving by previous owners . Also replaced chain tensioner gasket and cam shaft seals. Wouldn't sell it for the world great car so much fun !!

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Loads left in there mate, mine hit 150k now but decided to replace the head for a new one as all 20 valve guides were f00ked. I was putting in at least 1ltr of oil every 2 months

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Not too bad, my old valver golf mk2 used to burn thru 5ltrs a month! Lol it ran like that for 5years before my mate I sold it to last yr decided to detonate it, on video, holding 7.5k till it popped! Lol did you fit a large port while you were changing it?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

RM1988

Apr 22, 2012
My heads being re furbed at the minuite, it needs 8 new exhaust valve guides, any car will keep running forever if you look after them regular

Rich666

The video guy!
Aug 20, 2005
Leeds
Thanks for replies guys!! Good to know there is life in the old girl yet!!
As I say it's standard apart from a revo remap and has never missed a beat! I hope to keep the old girl running for as long as possible! We have a lot of history me n that car!! Its been to countless festivals n gigs (they aren't that great in the mud lol) not to mention through quite a few gf's haha

I once filmed a BMW that had 1million on the clock!! It's floating around on YouTube somewhere. :)

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
My old one was on 65k but died in a crash. My new one is on 104k and it puts my 65k to shame really! Still tight as the day it was made id say ;)

Seen a few on the 130k-150k mark but i wouldnt worry about it mate at the end of the day an engine can be had for like 2-400 quid so what else would give you this much fun with a 400 pound engine.....

Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
mines done 142,000 now and manages my 20,000 a year trouble free, with afew trips to pod too!!, still rocking the original untouched k03 turbo ;), the only problem I have had in the 40,000 I have done in the 2 years of owning it is 1 coil pack went but changed all 4 and never happened again, running custom stage 2 minus the k03s for 30,000 now too,so it gets some hammer when the time is right ;)

Rich666

The video guy!
Aug 20, 2005
Leeds
Sorry to resurrect this thread but just thought I'd mention that my trusty old Ibiza just flew through its MOT with NO issues whatsoever...I do love that car :)
Will get its 100k mile service done and crack on...best car I've ever owned!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.