Lights set up for EU not UK

Cupra~Matt

Have a look in the headlight mate. There will most probaly be a small slider that will move a small peice of plastic or simmilar in the headlight. its on a rocker type mechanism. The cars i work with all have this for when you go to france etc...

Ianmr

Mar 17, 2011
Have a look in the headlight mate. There will most probaly be a small slider that will move a small peice of plastic or simmilar in the headlight. its on a rocker type mechanism. The cars i work with all have this for when you go to france etc...

Car is booked in to the garage on friday as it needs to be plugged it as they are xenons.

The garage has offer to check the car over fully as well since Autoworld clearly didn't PDI it before I collected. Spoke to the service manage and he said if they missed your lights being set up for the wrong country god knows what else they have missed!!!

Last edited:

Cupra~Matt

being xeons i would have thought they would have fitted this as a standard issue thing, jaguars, landrovers, audi merks bmw's all have this feture. to create the beam pattern there is small piece of plastice that sits infront of the HID Bulb. The Lens then sits infont of this beam pattern. the plastic part that defines what side the 'kick' is should be movable. a small lever on the side of the projector or something similar will ajust the beam pattern. The reason being is a HID buld emits a colour that is as bright as staring into the sun. If your were in the E.U then the kick would be directed into oncoming trafic. blinding people as your drive past. yes get the car booked in i know i would be but take a look inside the headlight. Not the most obvious of things to see but will save you no end of grief if you take the car abroad. Dont leave the headlight on if you do go looking 100,000+ volts at start and 90+ when up to temperture stings a little.

Ianmr

Mar 17, 2011
Well I got the car back from the garage at lunch......and yes it has spanish head light units on it!!!

And to top it of I was told as I have done more than 600miles it WOULD NOT be cover under warranty and would have to buy new UK lights to keep my car legal.....

I was like WTF??? I bought the car brand new on saturday and reported it on the sunday and the first time they could see me was Thursday, and yes I have done alot of travel this week, but to be told as I had done over 600 miles I wasn't covered for the factory fitted the wrong parts to the car was unreal!!!

I phoned the garage I bought the car from and they couldn't believe it, they thought the garage up here was talking the piss. Luckily the garage owner there knows the Scottish After sales manager so was right onto him and made him phone seccy cars in aberdeen and tell them to get it sorted!!

So I now have new Black Bi-xeneons on back order......was told could be a few months.....what a joke!!!

Has to be said I am loving Seat so far :/ it only been 5 days....

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Well I got the car back from the garage at lunch......and yes it has spanish head light units on it!!!

And to top it of I was told as I have done more than 600miles it WOULD NOT be cover under warranty and would have to buy new UK lights to keep my car legal.....

I was like WTF??? I bought the car brand new on saturday and reported it on the sunday and the first time they could see me was Thursday, and yes I have done alot of travel this week, but to be told as I had done over 600 miles I wasn't covered for the factory fitted the wrong parts to the car was unreal!!!

I phoned the garage I bought the car from and they couldn't believe it, they thought the garage up here was talking the piss. Luckily the garage owner there knows the Scottish After sales manager so was right onto him and made him phone seccy cars in aberdeen and tell them to get it sorted!!

So I now have new Black Bi-xeneons on back order......was told could be a few months.....what a joke!!!

Has to be said I am loving Seat so far :/ it only been 5 days....

It would not be a warranty issue anyhow.

Legally they have sold a car that is "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE" and is subject to a FULL refund if not corrected to make it legal to use in the UK.

If there is any suggestion of you having to pay to put this right I would take the case to court - they do not have a leg to stand on.

Ianmr

Mar 17, 2011
Car goes into the garage tomorrow to get the steering sorted so I will ask then.

I had a quote to get the spoiler fixed aswell and they wanted £700.......to take a spoiler off and re-fit it???

I know I won't be paying but I get the feeling the garage I bought the car from will tell speccy cars stick it and I won't get it done with out traveling which is rather annoying!!

Really enjoying the car but just want all the little things sorted and quickly :(

Ianmr

Mar 17, 2011
Seat. Anyone know any good body shops in Aberdeen? Garage I got the car from are going to pay but they said 700 was taking the pisss