Limp mode?

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Odd one this...

Car has been running like a dream... even sorted the partial throttle response issues out with a decent uprated panel filter and the N249 mod.

Did 500 miles no issues... good on fuel also... ;)

Went to return home from London and it felt like the turbo wasnt working... got five miles down road and nothing... felt very flat... so pulled over... checked boost pipes, etc ...

Couldnt find anything wrong so restarted the car and pulled away... turbo now working ...

WTF? :confused:

I've yet to plug in vagcom but doubt it will show anything?

Any ideas gents? limp mode perhaps >? (no ecl)

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Sounds like limp mode to me. i have had limp mode and it didn't show any lights or anything on Vag-Com.

Now thats weird... its never done it before and the only thing changed in the last 2-3 months and 5k miles is the panel air filter and N249 mod... I wonder if its the mod causing the problem?

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Sounds like limp mode to me. i have had limp mode and it didn't show any lights or anything on Vag-Com.

Limp mode

No fault codes means 7/10 times it's the MAF in my experience

MAF's are a PITA sometimes they work, sometimes they just under read, log the G/s with VAGCOM and see what the max airflow it's pulling on a good 3rd gear / 4th gear run through the rev range......may give an indication

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Limp mode

No fault codes means 7/10 times it's the MAF in my experience

MAF's are a PITA sometimes they work, sometimes they just under read, log the G/s with VAGCOM and see what the max airflow it's pulling on a good 3rd gear / 4th gear run through the rev range......may give an indication

Cheers fella - will do that tonight :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.