loads of things going wrong

paulfleetwood21

just fitted a new clutch on 02 ibiza cupra and now loads of electrical faults started

first one is the front wipers working intermitant found to be caused by faulty connection to motor as when i move the wire they start to work for a bit ne1 else experinced this

nxt is the fuel gauge reading eratic wen accelorating seems to drop then when braking goes back up

third fault is the speedo wire plug onto gearbox are they normally a crap fit as wont clip back in

fourth is ebgine management light on need to get fault code for it

ne help would be much appreciated thanx

also temp gauge is beeping most of time first thing in morning then it also beaps sumtimes at half way

ne1 else experianced this

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Hi mate,

Wiper motor - You tried taking the multiplug off of the wiper motor? and check it for corrsion/water. If it is corroded/full of water spray it with WD40.

Fuel gauge - Could need a new fuel gauge sender, which is in the fuel tank underneath the rear seats attached to the fuel pump.

Gearbox speed sensor - Is the metal spring clip that holds it in place maybe missing or multiplug broken at all?

Engine management light - Do you have a laptop with vagcom software or know someone that does? or get to a seat garage and have that checked to find out what is wrong.

Temp gauge - If you have enough coolant/water in the expansion tank, you will have to replace this tank as the electrical part on it can go faulty.

Hope thats some help mate, Scott.

paulfleetwood21

had quick look at the plug on wiper couldnt see ne corrosion wen i move wiring mainly to the plug it will start working so i mite rewire it

with the sender unit i cant understand why it gone dodgy all of a sudden r they common on them to go it does seem according to gauge that it is flimsy rather then a wiring problem

u mentioned about the coolant header tank wot the electrical part u mentioned

thanx for ure help mate

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Yeh rewiring the plug might be a good idea then.

Expansion tank - You know it has a sensor on it so it knows you have enough water in it, well sometimes that goes faulty and you need to replace the expansion tank to stop the warning light/buzzer. The coolant temp sensor is another common fault but the symptoms are different, i would say.

Fuel gauge sender - I guess its like any other electrical part, it can go faulty, its the only part I can think of that could really cause the gauge to do that under acceleration and braking.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise