Loan Cars

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Going for a Minor Service on Foxi the Formentor at Snows CUPRA Portsmouth on Thursday.

I've booked a loan car and told them I'm 6'2" and Rugby player shape - so a BORN probably won't cut it.

What loan cars have you been given?

The best one I ever got was a 300 horse Fiesta ST - that was Bonkers 🙈😁

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
We are a trio! Anybody else wanna join the party? :D

That Leon made horrid electrical noises.

Why would you skip on a free car wash though? Sure it's not a proper detail, but my Carpro coatings are pretty resilient to their chemicals.

Oh you should absolutely take the Born, it's fun to know what life is like on the EV side, plus you might even get the rain prepped one with Soft99 on the windscreen! :LOL:

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
Why would you skip on a free car wash though?
Because I’m not bothered how dirty the outside of the car is for the most part unless it gets really bad, and they don’t do a particularly good job anyway. I give windows, lights, number plates, cameras and sensors a once over most weekends.

It’s black, I’d be cleaning it every week in the winter because I live in the sticks and the roads are minging.

I prefer to get a proper valet done every two to three months By FreshCar.

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
Just had a courtesy call from Snows CUPRA Portsmouth regarding my service Tomorrow at 8am.

All was well untill they dropped the bombshell that they want to charge me £25 for the privellge of driving a loan car for the short commute home n back.

Apparently it's Snows policy. 🤨

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Yeah it's not a diagnostic visit to fix bits under warranty so expect to pay for the loan car, but also the insurance (another £10 on top of the £25 I think)

I've been treated very well so far all things considering, but I wouldn't need to bother them if the systems on the car worked normally.

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
Yeah it's not a diagnostic visit to fix bits under warranty so expect to pay for the loan car, but also the insurance (another £10 on top of the £25 I think)

But I've been treated very well so far all things considering, but then I wouldn't need to bother them if the systems on the car worked normally.
SMC CUPRA Woking offer free Courtesy car - save for collision damage waiver.

Seriously considering the 80 mile round trip for next time.

Had I been given the opportunity (less than 15 hours notice of the stealth fees I would probably have reconsidered my choice of service agent this time round.

It's a nice drive. 👍

Last edited:

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
SMC CUPRA Woking offer free Courtesy car - save for collision damage waiver.

Seriously considering the £80 mile round trip for next time.

Had I been given the opportunity (less than 15 hours notice of the stealth fees I would probably have reconsidered my choice of service agent this time round.

It's a nice drive. 👍
Fair point, I don't have much perspective outside my local dealerships so this knowledge is valuable!

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
Update SMC now only offer free Loan cars to existing members of their loyalty scheme.

There is a £19.95 collision damage waiver but that is for as long as you have the vehicle.

Feb 12, 2024
USA
Going for a Minor Service on Foxi the Formentor at Snows CUPRA Portsmouth on Thursday.

I've booked a loan car and told them I'm 6'2" and Rugby player shape - so a BORN probably won't cut it.

Update SMC now only offer free Loan cars to existing members of their loyalty scheme.

There is a £19.95 collision damage waiver but that is for as long as you have the vehicle.
I only got Ford Fiesta ST 1497. They said that I have low credit score and they can give me the car because I am not proper person to get better card, wtf :unsure:

Reactions: LetsForment

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Why would you skip on a free car wash though? Sure it's not a proper detail, but my Carpro coatings are pretty resilient to their chemicals.
Likely they will not wash the car properly, and use a sponge or brush which just contributes to tiny scratches (Swirl marks) on the clear top coat.

I never let the dealer I use wash my car; I’ve seen their car washing guys in action and my car deserves better! Sponge full of grit and the remains of a bucket of dirty water left over from the previous car wash - I don’t want that inflicted on my car’s paintwork.

A dealer’s free complimentary service wash isn’t known as a free ‘scratch and swirl’ treatment for no reason 🤔.

To be fair to the dealer I use, they now specifically ask customers if they’d like the free service wash rather than just carry it out. I still make a point of specifically asking them not to clean it, plus I have a ‘do not wash’ hanger that hooks on the rear view mirror and I tie a ‘please do not wash this car’ tag on my car key fob. I also try and make sure I‘ve just cleaned my car before it goes back to the dealer for any servicing / repair work; if it’s clean, they don’t need to wash it. It also makes it easier to inspect for damage after they’ve finished working on it.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Likely they will not wash the car properly, and use a sponge or brush which just contributes to tiny scratches (Swirl marks) on the clear top coat.
I once got a dent with a free wash, caused by the hose pipe nozzle I presume as no paint damage. The dealer paid for it to be sorted though, but still a hassle, so I never get the free wash now, and they mark it on the service sheet to not be done.

Feb 12, 2024
USA
I only got Ford Fiesta ST 1497.

They said that I have low credit score and they can give me the car because I am not proper person to get better card, wtf :unsure: I spend half of the day trying to get money for the best car and then my friend gave me a link to an article with best borrow money apps here https://fitmymoney.com/borrow-money-app/. I really enjoyed it and got some cash via them, I even install three of them on my phone to get more money for better car and main reason why I was using them it is because getting money via them is very fast process.
Wyld Stallyn said:

Wyld Stallyn said:

That is really sad guys, because getting nice car via loan can be very hard sometimes.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
As I've moved since I bought my Formentor I'm now using Listers Worcester (previously Coventry) even though I'm roughly between the two in terms of time. I'm finding Cupra Worcester much better than Coventry, they also ask if I'd like the car washed and I've been happy to let them do it otherwise it won't get one very often, if it was my MG it'd be a different story....

In terms of loan cars so far I've had a 1.5 petrol DSG Formentor (different DSG box to that in my Hybrid and not as smooth, perhaps the EV motor making the gear changes better?) and an DSG Seat Arona (nice little car, a bit prone to rolling around in the corners).

Listers unfortunately charge £25 'for adding you to their insurance' which is a shame as I've used plenty of other dealers (Land Rover, VW, Mitsubishi, etc.) who didn't - it's just pot luck and down to which dealer chain has your local Cupra franchise. I've already used the bus and a lift from my partner to avoid paying the £25 once!

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
As I've moved since I bought my Formentor I'm now using Listers Worcester (previously Coventry) even though I'm roughly between the two in terms of time. I'm finding Cupra Worcester much better than Coventry, they also ask if I'd like the car washed and I've been happy to let them do it otherwise it won't get one very often, if it was my MG it'd be a different story....

In terms of loan cars so far I've had a 1.5 petrol DSG Formentor (different DSG box to that in my Hybrid and not as smooth, perhaps the EV motor making the gear changes better?) and an DSG Seat Arona (nice little car, a bit prone to rolling around in the corners).

Listers unfortunately charge £25 'for adding you to their insurance' which is a shame as I've used plenty of other dealers (Land Rover, VW, Mitsubishi, etc.) who didn't - it's just pot luck and down to which dealer chain has your local Cupra franchise. I've already used the bus and a lift from my partner to avoid paying the £25 once!
The Bus 😳

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members