Locking an Ibiza FR without the alarm?

chris980

Hi

I picked up my Ibiza FR yesterday on a 56 plate. Is it possible to lock the doors without activating the alarm (so I can leave my dog in the car without fear of the alarm going off)?

I have checked the handbook and can see it can be done but it doesn't say how to do it!

Help appreciated! (and apologies if I'm in the wrong area of the forum)

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
Dogs_Die_in_Hot_cars.jpg

Not really sure, perhaps just turning the key in the lock. When i unlock my car this way the alarm goes off so i assume it doesnt activate / deactivate when using the key

kenno69

I believe there is a button near the accelerator pedal that deactivates the ultra sonics, which would then mean you can leave a dog/child in the car, not that i would recommend doing that lol

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
I believe there is a button near the accelerator pedal that deactivates the ultra sonics, which would then mean you can leave a dog/child in the car, not that i would recommend doing that lol

I think that might only be the prefacelifts as me and a few other facelift guys don't have that! As per the car manual, you are supposed to press the lock button twice to disable the interior sensors... But I don't think that works either! :happy:

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
i just press the key fob twice quickly on lock that seems to work no that i have done it many times but alarm hasnt gone off? mines a facelift fr

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
On my Ibiza Cupra you press the fob to lock as normal. Wait about 2 seconds and press again so that only the lights flash. This disables the ultrasonics. You know its worked because if you get the 2nd press timed correctly you will NOT hear the car attempt to lock again, just a flash of the lights.

I also think the drivers door LED flashes differently but can't be sure and can never see it during daylight to confirm or say i care ;)

PS. Indicator lights

bird2m

Lock the door manually, with the key. The alarm will be disabled. This has allways worked for me.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.