Looking forward to getting back in the seat of a Seat!

ScruffyLad

Aug 12, 2017
North Yorkshire
Hi all, as the title suggests I am coming back to ownership of a Seat. I first had a 2013 Ibiza FR in white with a spoiler from new and found it a fantastic little car and lots of fun to drive.

After a year and a half of ownership I decided to enter hot hatch territory and could finally afford a MK2 Ford Focus ST3 in ASBO Electric Orange. After always wanting to own a 'Fast Ford' I instantly fell in love with this car, and wish I still had it.

Unfortunately it had to go, because fortunately my wife and I have started a family. The cost of petrol and tax meant it was an expensive toy to run, so was part-ex for a Nissan Qashqai (a very sad day)!

I decided to get a Ford Fiesta S1600 (134). Hoping this would be a mini ST. I tried to like it, but struggled. It had me wishing I had the Ibiza again. So after 6 months ownership it is being exchange for a Seat Leon FR 1.4 TSI ACT Technology Pack in Monsoon Grey, and I cannot wait.

I had a test drive and instantly fell in love with a car all over again. It seems good for my wallet and also fun to drive whilst being packet with gadgets. In anticipation of collection on Friday I have basically read through the entire MK3 Leon Forum and would like to thank all the friendly members that have been so informative, and willing to share their knowledge throughout the pages. It's given me many ideas what I would like to do with my Leon when I get it (not good for my wallet)!

Thanks for reading and hope to contribute to the Forums.

Cheers

ScruffyLad

Aug 12, 2017
North Yorkshire
:D Definately know all about the creaks now! But having come from driving Fords, surely they can't be that bad? However I must have missed "Chunky" Chico. Maybe time for a re-read!!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
:D Definately know all about the creaks now! But having come from driving Fords, surely they can't be that bad? However I must have missed "Chunky" Chico. Maybe time for a re-read!!

Not all have creaks, my 3+ year old 280 still drives like new with not a single rattle, well glad I moved up from Biza Cupras.

ScruffyLad

Aug 12, 2017
North Yorkshire
After driving it home today I'm over the moon with it. There is an ever so slight creak from passenger door, but after the rattles all my Fords have had, this is nothing. Have to speak to dealer about a few bits I'm not happy with but nothing major. All in all I'm so glad I made the jump back to Seat.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.