looking to buy

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
right i'm hopeless at using the search so here goes
i'm looking to buy a 1998 alhambra 1.9tdi
is there anyway of telling which engine it is ie 110bhp or 90bhp?
anything special to be looking for? it has full service history
its done 87,000miles,and has ac and some other things
is £4000 a good price from a dealer?

roverlander

Hi Big

As I run a petrol burner I am probably not the best to answer this but I believe that the more red letters it has in the TDI on the back door then the more powerful it is !

bmsc22990

May 20, 2004
edinburgh
I paid £5000 for a 98 tdi 3 years ago so maybe a bit high as when i traded it in for an 05 model i got less than 2k for it. If it has a red i on tdi badge it should be a 110 but only real way is to check engine code. I think afn is a 110. Make sure aircon is working as expensive to repair.

stuart edwards

re TDi

hello Phil, i have a 90 hp 1999 alhambra which has covered 100000 miles and has been with us since 38000, in that time it has needed new rear shocks which when worn made the rear tyres wear rapidly on the inside edge, i have just had a problem with gear selection the lever went very stiff so i had a look at the gear selector mechansism that sits on top of the gearbox under the battery tray and they needed lubrication , all is well now, the exhaust cat would be good to inspect on a set of ramps is possible mine needed replacemnet at 92000. i have a 51 plate 115 6 speed and to be totally honest the old one is easier to drive as at 2000 reves it will pull in any gear where as the later model requires much use of the gear box it kind of reminds me of one of my old yamaha racing bikes with a narrow power band .

good luck with any future purchase

stuart

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members