Loosing power

murzo1

I have had my 2006 seat leon tdi for about 2 months now and it has been more times in the garage than I have actually driven it. Got it back about 2 weeks ago and thinking everything was going great now the same problem. I would be travelling along at 70/80 and then all of a sudden the car would start to loose power and at lower speeds there is no pick up at all!! I was told that there is a dump behind the turbo which had got sooted up but this cant be the problem again, Any ideas??

big_keith

not sure this is in the right section, but egr valve or turbo vanes are ususal suspects.. do you get any lights on the dash? is it intermittant, more info would be a help please

murzo1

losing power

It only happened this evening coming from work. I was travelling in overtaking lane on mortorway and then I just felt the power seem to reduce and even with the foot to the floor i could not keep up with the traffice. No lights came on on the dash, no warnings. It happened just after I got the car but once the car was turned off and then started again it seemed to be ok but it did happen again a week later. That is when the garage supposedly cleared some dump flap in the turbo of soot. Now it has happened again!!

big_keith

sounds to me like faulty EGR, its sticking in the open position not allowing the engine to breathe so when you 'floor it' it doesnt react... almost feels like the car is not boosting?

best bet is to get it checked by garage, or call the AA / rac get them to diagnose it then take it to the garage if the garage is notoriously s:censored:t

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.