Low MPG

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
How the hell are you getting 50 / 52 MPG out of a 2.0 TDi PD140 6SPD?????
I am lucky if I see 35MPG on the screen on a good day!!!

by having a 32 mile commute on fairly flat terrain, sitting at indicated 64 ish, tickle it, tickle it, tickle it and then tickle it some more, it is possible, i drive steady and have a commute where there are very few hold ups, there'll be others out there getting similar, won't there ?

Monthly average of 49.8 at the moment. Daily average today was 56mpg.

I normally get 42ish! But had a really slow drive from work yesterday to see what i could achive! its mixed roads and 10 miles. I came in at 50.6 mpg on the screen :D
Wish it was that much all the time,but being passed by milkfloats ain't worth it :cartman:

there you go Chrisash32, i'm not alone :D

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
My avg is down again, found the cause now, the hissing and smoke today was a give away! Intercooler hose strikes again! Pissing boost out today on long trip, headlights tonight behind me showed a lot of smoke! Is being replaced as seal was dodgy by dealer, but gotten much worse since wednesday. Went through lot of fuel today! *cry*

mocuishe

Just get used to it! Mine is the same. economy its just a seats trade mark plus servicing every 10k miles!! Even shitty ford can be serviced every 12.5 k and it cost third less to maintain. Well welcome in VAG.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Just get used to it! Mine is the same. economy its just a seats trade mark plus servicing every 10k miles!! Even shitty ford can be serviced every 12.5 k and it cost third less to maintain. Well welcome in VAG.

You're in a slightly different boat insofar as you bought a car without thinking what you wanted, then complain bitterly that it's not living up to your expectations, and you can't get rid of it. There's nothing wrong with 10k miles servicing, or 12.5k miles either, but my neighbour has a Ford CMax with a smaller engine than mine (retired bloke, steady away etc.) and he can't get anywhere near the MPG I get in mine. Mine costs less to service than his aswell. :shrug:

Maybe you should've bought a Ford if they're so good.

tuftylfc

to anyone interested, I got mine mapped late last year and don't think it effected the MPG either way

cars got 24k on now and MPG seems to be improving of late, I average late 40's most of the time but driving sensibly on long trips can get late 50's which will do me

incidently, the mapped performance is well worth a slight fuel penalty :funk:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.