lowered my k1 on sportline today

lcrboy

Dec 31, 2007
scotland
hi all, just finished lowering my cupra! looks awesome so much sleeker........well happy with it! to anyone who is running standard springs get yourself some sprotlines!:)

lcrboy

Dec 31, 2007
scotland
pretty straight forward i have very good spring clamps and ramp to thou! makes it so easy, dont even need to take back wheel off to release back spring!!!!

front is more work have to take 3 bolts out top of strut, and release bottom of strut out of hub.......then take spring of no clamps needed for front! took 1 hour 30 mins!

not sure about the lights yet as i was in a hurry to get home.........i hope not thou as i do have the xenon light

Easty

Jan 27, 2010
Guiseley, Leeds
Looking to get some of these for the FR when it comes, anybody know why the front is different drop to the rear, and does it look a bit daft ?!

Looking to get some of these for the FR when it comes, anybody know why the front is different drop to the rear, and does it look a bit daft ?!

No doesn't look daft, I believe it's to give it a more agressive stance but also so you can still load the boot without it rubbing. Also If you have back seat passengers it soon drops and when you get in yourself some weight is transferredto the back spring.

I have an FR TFSI, here are some pics, they have 18" wheels fitted and the Eibach Sportline Springs.

some more on there...

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The 2 hardest parts when changing the springs or putting on coilies are getting the shock out from the arms and the back bolt at the strut mount.

I got my Eibach coilovers fitted on Monday, and ended up setting them at the approx height of the Sportlines which I had previously as the stance and clearance was good and the car was still pretty composed at that height. You dont actually need a spring clamp for doing suspension on the Cupra.

And with the Sportlines on

28022009155.jpg

Last edited:

JMP

May 27, 2004
When I changed my springs, the key item was home made oval shaped separator tool to get the shock out. After that it was a breeze.

On the driver side of the LHD car, there was some heavy clampping of spring needed to get it in place. But I didnt have to remove the axle bolts due using spring clamps.

ravey davey

Ravey Davey
Nov 30, 2007
Hampshire
Lowering the FR TFSI

Hi...been reading alot of threads regarding lowering the Leon Mk2, I have one question as I want to lower mine soon. I have a FR TFSI with the full Aero kit fitted and was concerend about which Eibach's to fit Sport / Pro as I hear that there is a clearance issue with the front spoiler, and anything higher than a packet of fags !! any experiences Aero kit lovers ?? [B)]

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Hi...been reading alot of threads regarding lowering the Leon Mk2, I have one question as I want to lower mine soon. I have a FR TFSI with the full Aero kit fitted and was concerend about which Eibach's to fit Sport / Pro as I hear that there is a clearance issue with the front spoiler, and anything higher than a packet of fags !! any experiences Aero kit lovers ?? [B)]

Yeah, slam it so hard the bumpers will get torn off by the first speedbump :cartman:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.