Lowering springs

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
What's the ride like on the H&R's?

Was also looking at the Eibach Coilovers. Are they going to actually offer a better ride quality than the standard cupra suspension? I dont mind it being firm, just not crashy.

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
The H&R springs are very good and I'd say one of the best quality springs available on the market.

Both options will give a slightly stiffer ride over standard but neither will be harsh.

Damian @ DPM Performance

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Since i'm not going crazy low I think that'll probably be the more cost effective option rather than the whole shock spring combo.
All I want to do it get rid of the grand canyon sized gap between the wheel and the arch. Have you seen it on the new cupra, boc etc its just not on!

When it says 25-40mm does that depend on the weight of the vehicle?

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Ah right fair enough. Should make getting over speed bumps a little easier.

Thanks for your help. Will contact you once I actually pick the car up early next year.

Totally hijacked the thread but oh well.. :)

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
30-35 is ok :) H&R's springs' special edition for Ibiza as Damian says, lowers rear and front at different sizes. And, H&R - Eibach - Vogtland all good quality ones.

P.S: Eibach produces stock springs for SEAT. .. ;)

Give me a buzz when you are on MSN mate, got pics for you ;) ( no, not that kind of pics :D they'r my ibiza's :D )

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
here is a JE Design ibiza which has been lowered 35mm (thats what the website says)

JEDESIGNIBIZA.jpg

leynard84

I have lowered mine 30mm and it looks much better. Also it handles better and feels safer

CraigI

Do Seat do in-house Eibach fitment covered by warranty?

Ford have it as an option for the Focus ST.

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
what do you think is an acceptable hight to lower

25mm
30mm
35mm

??
There are several problems lowering the Cupra/Boc, first, clearance to the ground under the engine - very little room to play with here which is why the factory ride height is so high. Second, the rear factory dampers allow too much drop meaning any attempt to fit short springs risks them falling out. the biggest issue is the car is underdamped. driven hard over a bumpy surface, the car 'floats' and control is reduced.the only way to solve some of these problems is to fit a high quality coilover kit. there remains a practical limit to the front drop if you want to clear speedhumps etc, so any MK5 you see dumped on the ground will be at a 'show' height and undriveable day to day.(I have KW V3 on order)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
You seem to know your stuff. Where do you get your info from?

I read on another forum about a bloke with the eibach's (25mm) and he said there was very little clearance at the front.

If your info ic correct I would rather save up and get some proper coilovers.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.