Lumpy idling

moojii

Jan 15, 2010
kettering
Hi y'all

the wife and I bought a 2001 18t cupra today and we love it. Problems started when we got near home and found the idling was getting lumpy and the car was on the verge of cutting out, so frustrating.

We have 12 months warranty on it so no problems but what could be the cause of it?

Cheers guys.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
take it back let them do it thats what a warranty for m8 if you start messing with it yourself it mite void your warranty

moojii

Jan 15, 2010
kettering
rang the garage this morning who said to take it back to them, told them they were to far as its driving really rough and they told me to book it into the local vw main dealers and they will pick up the tab.

had a mate of mine who has one of those hand held diagnostics units to have a look and it came up with an error on the secondary air unit....he thinks a pipe has split.

at least it will get fixed and i wont have to pay for it.

apart from this slight hiccup i am more than impressed with the cupra!!

moojii

Jan 15, 2010
kettering
the garage i bought it from decided to fix it themselves, they sent a transporter out to collect it and it is the maf that is the problem. they are gonna fix it and bring it back to me tomorrow.

happy days!

moojii

Jan 15, 2010
kettering
so, they delivered the car back at 5pm today. got home at 7 so thought id take it for a test drive.

went out on dual carriageways and normal roads, gave it a little beans and 25 mins later headed home.

was just pulling onto my drive and the traction control light and excessive pollution lights came on!!

WTF is the problem now?? are these cars made out of chocolate. mot was done end of december and last service 2500 miles ago.

will ring garage again tomorrow but do i get it fixed or tell em to shove it? what do those warning lights mean??

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

moojii

Jan 15, 2010
kettering
The garage is picking the leon up again today to get fixed, they couldn't be more apologetic but it's so frustrating.

Problem is the are giving me a bloody BMW as a courtesy car!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.