m0rk-ta coilies

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Sorry people,i know this has been discussed til the cows come home...the ta technix coilies...been toying for ages with the idea n b'day dosh will now allow it, so was all set to order some from clubpolo,had a quick look on fleabay n there's a guy on there who does the best offer system n seems a lot of the Golf massive have managed to get em for about £175delivered so £40ish saved,so worth a go,which i've done,yet to hear back.

But then i went n did a bit more reading on here n whilst most who have these say they're great etc etc,morks comments from an oldish thread(oct 07) have now confused n concerned me in that it says they are suitale for polo 6n & ibiza 6k,whereas Mork says he wouldn't trust this given the differences in these cars setups,weights etc...

Help,i've shoved in an offer before reading this although i don't think it'll be accepted as may as well start low however if it is i'm obliged to cough up!! Looking at the hottuning ones,sameish price they seem to be 6k specific no other models listed 2yr warranty etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COIL-OVER-COI...ryZ40192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So what do i do or go for,Mork seems a man very much in the know :worship:but everyone seems to have got the ta's anyway?????
Any diff between lhd n rhd cars??
:help::help:

Last edited:

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
As you've said, everyone has different opinions. From what i can remeber, the ones on clubpolo are different for the Ibiza and the Polo, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I was looking at them but will hopefully be using mine on track more this year so i've decided to pay the extra and get some that people recommend. I I guess it depends if you want it low, or to handle well?

Mckellar

dont get coilovers set up for a polo 6n.
They wont be properly set up for poundancies of the engine weight at the front.

polo rear struts and golf mk3 gti i think front.

Mines are ibiza specific.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
only really getting them for looks,London living not conducive to fastness!!

Found a set of the hottuning ones that were put on a 97 2l 8v but the car was sorned and they've never been driven on,allegedly...wants £130 for em then post,so still cheap but warranty etc may mean better off getting new from dealer guy???

I only shoved the offer in as in my keeness a lot of em say polo/ibiza n this only said ibiza...polo further on in description..oops! but then hey i get a negative feedback if he was to accept it n i can afford it at 100% Maybe a mail saying he shouldn't be selling these as they have different setups n could be dangerous may avoid that:cartman:

What about those listed for biza n cordy??? or does it have to be biza only?

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
dont get coilovers set up for a polo 6n.
They wont be properly set up for poundancies of the engine weight at the front.

polo rear struts and golf mk3 gti i think front.

Mines are ibiza specific.

always the best way....

2nd hand are OK - but if you want the cheap ones, only a little more cash will get you new cheap ones.

however, I'd be looking for north of £350 for a reasonable setup worth having

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
i want coillies but cant decide which! some are daft expensive but i guess well worth it.

mine will be track based so i would like to hear opinions on the more expensive adjustable stuff!

Mckellar

Ideally KW's, but more likely FK's.

So you want coilovers that are very soft, limited dampening adjustibility and sieze up after a week?

Thats how i found my old FK's.

Before i sold them to ollie i spent a day getting them un-siezed and cleaned!

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Cheers Guys, found some listed as only biza's,can't remember if def ta's or what as looked at so many but i remember reading on other thread that one of the many Chris' on here had ordered via Jacksons for what was listed as ibiza but when they arrived it said polo 6n on the box also. I'm assuming it's likely that Phil Jackson has struck up a deal with the Germans to get em cheaper in bulk,fair play...but can choose to only advertise as for one or the other?? Not slagging him off before anyone think i am:)just be interesting as to where he gets them n what they advertise them as suitable for....

The FK's I've been looking at seem okay, and come quite highly recommended.

I'm open to suggestions anyway. Car needs the ability to go very, very low when on her show rims and I need good handling/damping adjustability when on her other wheels.

FK's come in at about £550 with both height and damping adjustability.

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
i'm going to buy new coilies when i've got my compensation, i want some pretty much rock hard ones, might buy supersport coilies, although damping adjustability means i can make them harder doesnt it? i only bought the TA-Technix ones for value, had no problems with them, but they're the polo 6n / Ibiza 6k ones

I don't want to spend stupid money, otherwise I'd have KW V3's [B)]

Just wanting a good alround set, the FK's seem good value for money for what they are. David, you reckon if I keep them well maintained I shouldn't have too many problems with them?

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
The saying I have always stuck to.... "Buy Cheap, Buy Twice!"

Meaning buy something cheap, most likely they will go worng and you end replacing it!

So spend a little more and get some good ones :)

Gm8

Jun 13, 2007
Glasgow
Sorry people,i know this has been discussed til the cows come home...the ta technix coilies...been toying for ages with the idea n b'day dosh will now allow it, so was all set to order some from clubpolo,had a quick look on fleabay n there's a guy on there who does the best offer system n seems a lot of the Golf massive have managed to get em for about £175delivered so £40ish saved,so worth a go,which i've done,yet to hear back.

But then i went n did a bit more reading on here n whilst most who have these say they're great etc etc,morks comments from an oldish thread(oct 07) have now confused n concerned me in that it says they are suitale for polo 6n & ibiza 6k,whereas Mork says he wouldn't trust this given the differences in these cars setups,weights etc...

Help,i've shoved in an offer before reading this although i don't think it'll be accepted as may as well start low however if it is i'm obliged to cough up!! Looking at the hottuning ones,sameish price they seem to be 6k specific no other models listed 2yr warranty etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COIL-OVER-COI...ryZ40192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So what do i do or go for,Mork seems a man very much in the know :worship:but everyone seems to have got the ta's anyway?????
Any diff between lhd n rhd cars??
:help::help:

if it helps , thats the exact ones i have on my car . they fit fine , and ive not noticed any probs . I have no other coilover experience , so cant make an accurate judgement

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
i'm going to buy new coilies when i've got my compensation, i want some pretty much rock hard ones, might buy supersport coilies, although damping adjustability means i can make them harder doesnt it? i only bought the TA-Technix ones for value, had no problems with them, but they're the polo 6n / Ibiza 6k ones

Glad to see you're gonna spend it wisely:D Saw some Supersport ones somewhere the other day for sale? Can't remeber where,will keep my eyes peeled.... I'm just wanting some cheapies as a tester,can always upgrade but seems i just want the biza ones,maybe they all do say it on the box..who knows??

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
if it helps , thats the exact ones i have on my car . they fit fine , and ive not noticed any probs . I have no other coilover experience , so cant make an accurate judgement

Same as that,hence the incessant digging on here:headhurt: and whilst i appreciate the buy cheaper buy twice thing,just not in a position to buy more expensive at present,what with all round brakes needing doing asap n load of nicky nack bits,then it'll be insurance/mot time etc etc so it's them/similar or nothing or wait 10yrs by which time everything shoulda collapsed nicely so will be nice n low at least:lol: Anyone else got the hottuning ones like Gm8??? Did everyone order their ta's via clubpolo or got em independently???

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
Glad to see you're gonna spend it wisely:D Saw some Supersport ones somewhere the other day for sale? Can't remeber where,will keep my eyes peeled.... I'm just wanting some cheapies as a tester,can always upgrade but seems i just want the biza ones,maybe they all do say it on the box..who knows??

well if i get mine soon i'll sell the TA ones i've got to you????

ibizacupra88

cupra dean
Apr 8, 2007
weymouth
i got T A Technics on my cupra 16v and i find them fine but i dont use it on the track so cant say if there are brilliant handling wise but for stiffness on the road and looks wise ther great value for money. i fitted mine about 3 or 4 months ago and i aint had a problem yet

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
The saying I have always stuck to.... "Buy Cheap, Buy Twice!"

Meaning buy something cheap, most likely they will go worng and you end replacing it!

So spend a little more and get some good ones :)

Yep this is true. I bought an Evo Sport suspension kit for my car. Got it from Germany. Kit was on the car for 3-4 months and one of the rear struts was leaking, the internals were f****d. So i had to replace both of the rear struts so they were matched.

I replaced them with uprated ones and im planning to do the same with the front struts, just incase.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members