maf upgrade

andycupra

status subject to change
people who upgrade to a LCR maf do so because they have significant modifications on their car (including turbo) so that the airflow has been increased by such an amount that the original maf housing is not large enough to handle these figures.

At the moment you are a very long away from needing this.

You appear to be asking if you can use the LCR maf in order to save some money as you already have one lying about. But in reality you wont save money as you will have to get a fully custom map put on to take into account the different maf, which will cost you more than a new maf costs when compared to a generic map. Then get it adjusted again after other mods are completed..

Just get yourself a new stock maf.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Is there no alternative to these ie buying a LCR tip? I know its costly but would it fit alrite?

Yep, LCR TIP would also fit, Steve.

An LCR TIP would fit the MAF as its an LCR MAF, but the ports for DV etc are in different locations, and the turbo end of the pipe is larger as it's for a K04 turbo, so when you come to clamp it up, it may not seal properly do to the extra size of the pipe.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
An LCR TIP would fit the MAF as its an LCR MAF, but the ports for DV etc are in different locations, and the turbo end of the pipe is larger as it's for a K04 turbo, so when you come to clamp it up, it may not seal properly do to the extra size of the pipe.

So what would be the best option Rich force the original tip on with some elbow grease :lol: or custom made? I suppose you could do the reducer you also mentioned

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
So what would be the best option Rich force the original tip on with some elbow grease :lol: or custom made? I suppose you could do the reducer you also mentioned

Mine is done with a reducer, which in turn pushes the cone further out towards the wing. I did have my old TIP stretched over, but it was the biggest ballache in the world trying to get it on there. I had to hack away at the inner silicon to allow it to stretch enough. Took 2 of us over an hour of trying lol.

I had to replace my TIP due to a problem at the turbo end and couldn't be bothered with the hassle of stretching a 2nd one over.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Reducer sounds the best option thinking about hybrid myself around christmas time just trying to balance it out as i dont know if its worth the extra 20-40bhp :shrug:

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Reducer sounds the best option thinking about hybrid myself around christmas time just trying to balance it out as i dont know if its worth the extra 20-40bhp :shrug:

It's worth it if you can fit the parts yourself. I had all my work done at JBS and it cost me a fortune for 255bhp. Damien is running more than that with a stock k03s! However, the hybrid is limited by the manifold and to a certain extent, the rods.

Don't know if you've see Robbie C's car on here? He has more or less the same setup as me + rods, manifold and WMI and made 296bhp. If I could get up around that figure I'd be extremely happy :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.