March 1st 2018

RJD

Jan 13, 2018
Interesting to see that there are different tyres being supplied. Our 150 came with Continentals!

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Hmmmmm, thats strange you got Bridgestone! Maybe as mine is the 95bhp model with 17" they only need a certain requirment of tyre :confused:

I have the manual climate control but after checking the manual it's correct... when the air distribution is in defrost mode re-circulation is automatically turned off... never noticed that on other cars before.

Well, ours is a 115PS model and it came with Bridgestone tyres on the 18” wheels! On the recirc, I’m pretty sure other cars we’ve had do the same. I forgot to check this morning, but I did notice that it switched on the heated rear window when I switched on the front screen demist button! Ours has dual zone climate control, if it makes a difference...

foffis

Feb 2, 2018
a8d966b658fe20b39c44beff312e4c31.jpg
cb3f9121955a890504df9cf93b4d278a.jpg
cd95b9a9e0734bb26078555fe00fdea4.jpg

Found this forum recently just wanted to share my ibiza style with some upgrades like leds, 16inch, bought it in august 2017 must have been one of the first onces out of the factory..
Thnx for a great forum.. got myself o rosstech cable to, so gonna start modding it now :)

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Well, ours is a 115PS model and it came with Bridgestone tyres on the 18” wheels! On the recirc, I’m pretty sure other cars we’ve had do the same. I forgot to check this morning, but I did notice that it switched on the heated rear window when I switched on the front screen demist button! Ours has dual zone climate control, if it makes a difference...

Going to enquire with the dealership..... bit annoyed with the tyre choice which could potentially make the ride worse.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Yes, I’m not sure I’d expect a new car to come with Nexen tyres... I’d certainly don’t see them as premium in the same way as Continental, Pirelli, Michelin!

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
a8d966b658fe20b39c44beff312e4c31.jpg
cb3f9121955a890504df9cf93b4d278a.jpg
cd95b9a9e0734bb26078555fe00fdea4.jpg

Found this forum recently just wanted to share my ibiza style with some upgrades like leds, 16inch, bought it in august 2017 must have been one of the first onces out of the factory..
Thnx for a great forum.. got myself o rosstech cable to, so gonna start modding it now :)

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Looks good :) Sounds like it must have been one of the very first! How has it been for 6 months? Which engine do you have?

foffis

Feb 2, 2018
Looks good :) Sounds like it must have been one of the very first! How has it been for 6 months? Which engine do you have?

No problems so far! Its winter here and one down side is that u cant place the wipers in upstand position, but its the same on audi and vags..
Its the 1.0tsi engine, in surpriced how well this little engine performs!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
It's not just the brand name that decides if your tyres are good.

My new SEAT came on OEM Bridgestone RE050A. They are not very good at all, in fact markedly inferior (ride / road noise) to the OEM Continental Premiumcontact 2 (with 36000 miles on!) fitted to it's near identical SEAT predecessor.

Just because you have premium brand name tyres, it doesn't mean they're any better than mid-range ones, e.g Nexen.

I find it annoying to choose your car, engine, colour, options and then have no say about the factory fit rubber - it might not even come on the same tyres you test-drove - because it can make such a difference to the whole ownership experience.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
No problems so far! Its winter here and one down side is that u cant place the wipers in upstand position, but its the same on audi and vags..
Its the 1.0tsi engine, in surpriced how well this little engine performs!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Is there not a trick with the wiper and ignition switches to do that? Service Position?

My last Toledo had it but I can't find it in the manual for the current one.

edit:

Thanks Google

Try This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy26qbf40u4

Last edited:

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
My dealership emailed me back and said it all depends what tyres they have in stock at the factory when the cars are being built.

He checked the tyres on the Ibizas on site and all the 18" wheels had Bridgestone tyres but all the 16" & 17" wheels were either Hankook or Nexen.

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
My dealership emailed me back and said it all depends what tyres they have in stock at the factory when the cars are being built.

He checked the tyres on the Ibizas on site and all the 18" wheels had Bridgestone tyres but all the 16" & 17" wheels were either Hankook or Nexen.

Interesting... I’ve got Falken tyres on my 17” wheels

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Interesting... I’ve got Falken tyres on my 17” wheels

It's like lucky dip then! Lol.

I really love the car but still not sure on the ride, you can brush if off if it's a powerful/sports car but it's not. It also doesn't help that the roads near me are utter shvte.

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
It's like lucky dip then! Lol.

I really love the car but still not sure on the ride, you can brush if off if it's a powerful/sports car but it's not. It also doesn't help that the roads near me are utter shvte.

Must be a lucky dip!

Got to say I’ve found the ride pretty good actually - I think the FR has a firmer ride than the Xcellence though, which might be why I’m not finding it too firm. Guess that the tyres also have an impact on ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
Picked my FR 115, in Mystery Blue up this afternoon. I've got the 18" Performance Alloys, LED Headlights, Vision Pack Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control, Storage Pack and Spare Wheel.

IMG_20180307_152742.jpg

I was initially very pleased however I'm now having severe issues with the media system. It is constantly freezing / crashing. I've tried the Factory Reset option and that hasn't fixed it. I've also tried force rebooting it by holding down the Power button. Going to go back out and check it in a few hours to see if leaving the car off will make any difference. If not it'll be going back to the dealer as it's completely unusable.

Does anyone else have the Storage Pack? Should there by a cover over the spare wheel when you have the double boot floor? If anyone has this option could they post a pic? Cheers!

Last edited:

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Must be a lucky dip!

Got to say I’ve found the ride pretty good actually - I think the FR has a firmer ride than the Xcellence though, which might be why I’m not finding it too firm. Guess that the tyres also have an impact on ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ours is an FR on 18” wheels and I think the ride is pretty good - I did 270miles in day one in it, and it’s done a further 100 miles on fastish A and B roads since. For comparison it deals with potholes and bumps better than the A3 (e-tron). Where it is worse, understandably given it’s size and cost, is in road noise - both are on 18” wheels, though the A3s tyres are Continentals

Last edited:

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Ours is an FR on 18” wheels and I think the ride is pretty good - I did 270miles in day one in it, and it’s done a further 100 miles on fastish A and B roads since. For comparison it deals with potholes and bumps better than the A3 (e-tron). Where it is worse, understandably given it’s sizee and cost, is in road noise - both are on 18” wheels, though the A3s tyres are Continentals

Yeah I was suprised by the amount of road/wind noise at speeds over 50mph... I was expecting it to be quieter but I think I was expecting too much from reading the online reviews!

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Picked my FR 115, in Mystery Blue up this afternoon. I've got the 18" Performance Alloys, LED Headlights, Vision Pack Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control, Storage Pack and Spare Wheel.

IMG_20180307_152742.jpg

I was initially very pleased however I'm now having severe issues with the media system. It is constantly freezing / crashing. I've tried the Factory Reset option and that hasn't fixed it. I've also tried force rebooting it by holding down the Power button. Going to go back out and check it in a few hours to see if leaving the car off will make any difference. If not it'll be going back to the dealer as it's completely unusable.

Does anyone else have the Storage Pack? Should there by a cover over the spare wheel when you have the double boot floor? If anyone has this option could they post a pic? Cheers!

Very nice!! I set up a post recently because my media system keeps crashing too.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Picked up my 1.5 TSI a few hours ago. Very pleased with the performance, handling and build quality. Alcantara is certainly a must have as it really makes the interior look better.
Coming from a Leon SC, the boot is a fair bit smaller but there is much more leg room on the back seats.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise