Mark/Scuff removal

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
In an unfortunate coincidence, while walking up to my car yesterday and thinking about how I've managed to keep it in good condition (as I'm going to sell it when I find a suitable petrol replacement) I noticed a blue scuff/smear on the rear bumper. No idea where it has come from or how it happened.

Would some white t-cut lacquer get rid of it? I also have this pack sitting at home, not sure if something in there would work?

http://www.autosessive.com/products...=684f3857c8308d34185712685971d230&fo_s=gplauk

At my other half's at the moment so not had a chance to try anything yet

IMG_2469_zpssthwvpm6.jpg

IMG_2470_zpsw2pxixlo.jpg

Last edited:

Peter W

Aug 8, 2014
Larne, County Antrim
You could have used something like a flash magic eraser sponge. We use them for scuffs and paint transfer whilst valeting. All that is needed is a drop of water instead of any cleaning products or compounds. They can be used for cleaning grubby interior plastics too...

PaoloB

Jul 10, 2016
You could have used something like a flash magic eraser sponge. We use them for scuffs and paint transfer whilst valeting. All that is needed is a drop of water instead of any cleaning products or compounds. They can be used for cleaning grubby interior plastics too...

I've used these sponges a few times and agree that they're very easy to use with remarkable results.

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014

Thanks will look into them

AlexG

Feb 26, 2008
WD40 then a warm wet magic sponge and run it in the direction of the mark, had to do this recently on another car, works wonders!

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Oil? I dont see how oil would fix clearcoat/paintcoat

Wd40 is a water displacing solvent, not an oil.
It's absolutely shite at if used like a spray oil as has very little if any lubricating properties, but seems to have plenty of other uses :)

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I get scuffs / scratches like that quite regularly; mine are usually on the lower painted door sill, where your feet scrape against the car when you're getting in. Mine are probably caused by little bits of grit on my shoes.

Anyway, those scuffs come straight off with "TURTLE WAX SCRATCH REMOVER ". The tube looks like this:

turtlewax.jpg

Just apply a little of it to a damp microfibre, rub in along the line of the scratch a few times, and hey-presto issue resolved.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members