Custom map
Sportex twin box exhaust
N249 bypass
Power flex dog bone bushes
Neuspeed P flo induction and heat shield
Silicone TIP
Red rear light tint
Alpine head unit
Deadmau5 rear window decal (essential mod ;) )

Mods to do-
Full Forge hose kit (on order)
Uprated SMIC
Coilovers
Wheels
Fully poly bush front end

Hello all and welcome to my readers rides thread. Having owned plenty of VAG motors, mostly Mk1 and Mk2 Golf GTI's I thought it was time to get something a little more modern and comfortable and being 14 years since my last turbo'd motor the Cupra fitted the bill perfectly.
It's a 2002 one owner with a service history file as thick as a encyclopaedia! In very good condition inside and out and hopefully will be a sound base for some decent mods, here's a couple of pics

keiXKJK.jpg

VOAAzJ8.jpg

EDrtNlx.jpg

I only picked it up on Friday and 2 hours later I was at More BHP in Crewe for a remap and decat.

YMGRZKv.jpg

fCnPeDV.jpg

I was very happy with the results, after the remap and decat it was producing 221 bhp with a very nice power and torque curve, considering there a no other mods done as of yet I couldn't be happier.
Next in the list is an exhaust which should arrive this week hopefully, it's only a sportex one but it has the silenced middle section ( not a race pipe centre ) so hopefully won't make my ears bleed! And it's just a short term solution as the original exhaust isn't in great nick and I'll be going to pipewerx early summer for custom exhaust.
Will also be replacing the rear wheel bearings as there's a slight humming coming from the rears.
More mods and pics coming soon!

Last edited:

Ron Burgandy

Jan 26, 2013
Leigh, Lancs
www.seatcupra.net
Dyno Print out of the remap I had done recently, first figure shows standard map with decat (186 bhp / 237 NM ) the second shows the stage 1 map and decat which is 221 bhp / 297 NM which I'm pretty happy with.
Exhaust is getting fitted this weekend and also a cone filter JR or jetex not decided yet tho.

HYpO93i.png

Leigh200sx

Jan 6, 2013
Great result that mate. I had a octavia Vrs and that was 226 bhp, was happy with that.

Ron Burgandy

Jan 26, 2013
Leigh, Lancs
www.seatcupra.net
Got the Exhaust on today, it's a Sportex twin box system, I had heard that these are very loud but I don't think it is at all, if anything it's a bit quiet tbh. It's a single 3inch outwardly rolled tip and looks a bit small once on but it will do until I get a custom SS one made in summer
oJvVqEx.jpg

L5rcjyW.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Burgandy

Jan 26, 2013
Leigh, Lancs
www.seatcupra.net
Can't decide on a panel filter or cone, anybody had experience of both on a Stage 1 remap, your input would be greatly appreciated. Not to bothered about the induction noise just performance gains if any.
Cheers.

Harry_LeonCupra

Oct 23, 2012
Malvern, UK
i have the golf mk4 'direnza' cold induction kit, comes off the maf, runs down the side of the battery and under the headlight, thats pretty good regarding gains and throttle response, i had a k&n panel and that made no difference to paper filter. it was a complete waste of money, but i do not have a remap as of yet, waiting for an exhaust to pop up on ebay.. Great thread so far :)

Ron Burgandy

Jan 26, 2013
Leigh, Lancs
www.seatcupra.net
i have the golf mk4 'direnza' cold induction kit, comes off the maf, runs down the side of the battery and under the headlight, thats pretty good regarding gains and throttle response, i had a k&n panel and that made no difference to paper filter. it was a complete waste of money, but i do not have a remap as of yet, waiting for an exhaust to pop up on ebay.. Great thread so far :)

Cheers fella, thanks for your input:D

mozzer260185

Feb 12, 2012
I've got a BMC open cone induction kit currently on my LC. Im also running a Stage 1 Map with a cat-back Milltek exhaust.
Sounds wise the cone is quite loud in terms of induction noise and whhoooshhhh!! :) but performance wise i personally havent found much difference between it and the standard airbox fitted with a Green cotton panel filter.
It's maybe just a little sharper on the throttle response.

Ron Burgandy

Jan 26, 2013
Leigh, Lancs
www.seatcupra.net
I've got a BMC open cone induction kit currently on my LC. Im also running a Stage 1 Map with a cat-back Milltek exhaust.
Sounds wise the cone is quite loud in terms of induction noise and whhoooshhhh!! :) but performance wise i personally havent found much difference between it and the standard airbox fitted with a Green cotton panel filter.
It's maybe just a little sharper on the throttle response.

Thanks for the info mate:)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
The DP and cat are probably giving you the extra 10bhp. If its mapped to take advantage of that rather than stage 1 you should see 230-240bhp so theres more to come. :)

Enjoy!

Ron Burgandy

Jan 26, 2013
Leigh, Lancs
www.seatcupra.net
I think the decat was written into the remap as the first map that was tried didn't go well, it was over boosting a lot so they did a custom map, but this was with the OE exhaust system (and decat) and the standard air box with OE filter. Thinking I may go back for a power run now the sportex exhaust and soon to be open cone induction kit fitted. Hopefully see a bit of an improvement.
Thanks for your input mate, cheers.

Ron Burgandy

Jan 26, 2013
Leigh, Lancs
www.seatcupra.net
Yeah, it's a place called More BHP in Crewe, got the map done at "mates rates" as they are good friends with my cousin, think you'd be looking at £250-£300 for a remap but these guys are really good at what they do, they will spend a lot of time on your motor and make sure everything's spot on before you leave.

Ron Burgandy

Jan 26, 2013
Leigh, Lancs
www.seatcupra.net
Quick update, managed to spend a few hours on the car this morning and do a couple of jobs including the rear wheel bearings
sVhOAcG.jpg

Nice new shiny ones
S6PFuRj.jpg

Also managed to get the dog bone poly bushed aswell
k2JMjbl.jpg

VqODGJw.jpg

Overall a pretty productive day and I'm impressed with the difference the poly bushed dog bone mount makes, gear changes and throttle response sharpened up a lot and I can live with the extra vibration as its not to bad I think.
Next job will be getting these forge hoses fitted and sorting out a new air filter, still weighing up wether to go with a cone or panel?
q5QELWE.jpg

TTfPXNh.jpg

Ron Burgandy

Jan 26, 2013
Leigh, Lancs
www.seatcupra.net
As it was nice day today decided to give the car a good clean and freshen up the rear a little by tinting the lights with some red film.
Clay bar'd the car and then got the spin doctor out with some dodo juice and it's come out looking great IMO.
What do you guys think of the tints?
piTNSql.jpg

nzXQFzp.jpg

pUS3U86.jpg

OyV1WCL.jpg

Debadged the rear as well and also trial fitted a Neuspeed cone filter just need to make a mounting bracket to support it now.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.